Lgv Emergency Brake Avignon -> Marseille

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nuno.andradegb, Dec 18, 2020.

1. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

Hey all!

I have been playing the TGV route for a bit now and I've encountered a problem when I change the pantograph from LGV to DC, driving in the direction of Marseille.
    This problem doesn't happen in the other direction, it just annoys me it's happening in this direction.
    Before I leave the tunnel, I'm clicking the circuit breaker button twice and lowering the pantograh. As soon as the train leaves the tunnel and around 500m from the actual change of power, the cab starts beeping and the emergency brakes are being applied.
    I am driving the train with KVB, VACMA and TVM, so if anyone could sheer some light in what I'm doing wrong, it would be great (I have checked the manual).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Same happens here, it appears to be KVB, bu I'm not sure as to what is triggering it...

Plus, I seem to be unable to spot the speed boards coming into marseille, which means that KVB goes off every two seconds because I run with the HUD speed limits off

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

I think you are right about it being the KVB. When you go in the Avignon direction, the limit is 140 there, so if we slow down to 140 in the other direction we should keep KVB happy!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This happened to me today too. I forgot to shut the throttle off and assumed it was that, but it could have been KVB if I was over the 140. An alarm was sounding. I couldn’t get the train moving again so had to restart the scenario.

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Press q

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

...lowering the pantograph and switch the power supply (in this case) from LGV to DC. From what you wrote I think this happen because you are in overspeed. Try to look if the speedometer HUD is yellow or red. Try to drive at about 130km/h (if I remember fine the max permitted speed in this section is 160km/h). So, before to start the power supply change procedure, remember to decrease the speed because in this section/direction you drive with a downgrade of 2.5% and is pretty eesy to finish in overspeed and the KVB goes in emergency braking, especially if you drive very close to the max permitted speed.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Cloadmcally

I just performed a perfect run into marseille, it was in fact kvb breaking, As 7orenz suggests as you reach the neutral section try to mantain 130 kp/h, after that you'll need to slow to 90 by the time you see the first platform with bushes on the side, as in cab videos it's show that's where the warning signals are for 90, but are unfortunately missing from the game, when you reach the sign for 90 you'll need to slow down to 60 and so on, 40 just before the last bend into marseille and 30 when you pass the yellow light.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

Thank you all for the tips! It was indeed the KVB having a go at me for being too fast. I forgot the speed limit dropped from 160 to 140 in a short distance.
    Does anyone know what's the french sign to indicate an imminent change of speed limit (apart from the signals with a funny name in the manual?). Another thing is I fail to spot half of the speed limit signs (the only one I can spot is the 140 when you leave the last LGV tunnel coming into Marseille.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cloadmcally

Well, as far as actual procedure goes I cannot comment on that, however in game they are white diamond boards found next to signals on top of the line, look out overhead and you'll see them as you approach Marseille, everywhere else they're pretty much absent.