Paris Est - Saarbrücken Via Lgv Est Européenne

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Federix, Sep 25, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Is this the one via Remilly? If so B85500 needs to be held at Baudrecourt Junction to let TGV Euroduplex and DB Baureihe 407 to go first then B85500 DB Baureihe 641 X73900 last is BB37000. due to Europe having freight go last after Regional Trains TGV and ICE the High speed trains

2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah this one as Rémilly is after Metz and it split after that station

3. Federix

Federix Active Member

Do you think freight services are really necessary here? In my opinion, six trains for high speed and regional transportation are actually enough, in addition, for freight services, there would some extensions be needed.

4. driverwoods#1787

They are necessary for the route because Forbach Remilly forms a freight corridor between Rbf Saarbrucken & SNCF Triage Metz Woippy.
    Videos of Freight trains on the line Remilly Forbach

Without BB37000 Forbach Yard is simply there without freight services ending there.

5. Federix

Federix Active Member

Okay. Unfortunately, I don’t know that well about freight services there, so you have to enlighten me. As we don’t want to extend the route too much, is there a yard near Rémilly where they stop?

6. driverwoods#1787

In real life they simply go through this small yard but for in-game purposes end/start from there towards Rbf Saarbrucken.
    Video

The Saarbrucken end point from Remilly yard freight trains run by BB37000 185.0 185.2 185.5 if one has Riesa Dresden are formed by 363 204 & G6

7. Federix

Federix Active Member

As I can't see a siding or yard there on Google Maps, where exactly do you want freight trains to stop in Rémilly?

8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

This siding is mostly used when the nuclear train heading to Gorleben to make a quick stop. Nothing really interesting.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. driverwoods#1787

Thanks and for DTG the development team can use that to end Freight trains from Saarbrücken Rbf if Freight gets added to LGV Est Paris Est Saarbrücken Remilly Saarbrücken section.

10. Federix

Federix Active Member

I have just revamped the suggestion post at the beginning of the thread. It will now provide more information and is a little cleaner overall. You will find some cab rides, new photos and a new old train there that suits better for the route in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
  11. Federix

Federix Active Member

It's been a while since we talked about my LGV Est européenne suggestion. As we take a moment to revisit this route idea, let's explore new perspectives on what could be an incredible addition to Train Sim World.

After going through your thoughts in this thread, I realized we haven't explored potential scenarios yet. We all know the LGV Est européenne is all about high-speed travel, and the standing speed record for rail vehicles was achieved here – a perfect starting point for scenarios. Moreover, the diverse route, culminating in the heart of the French capital, opens up a world of inspiration for scenarios. What scenarios do you envision?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  12. clara11

clara11 New Member

I have got three ideas

1: High-speed test run on the LGV Est européenne where the player is tasked with operating a TGV Réseau at its maximum speed to test the track's safety systems. When reaching top speeds, sudden signal failures occur.

2: A massive power outage affects the entire Rémilly - Saarbrücken line, forcing the driver to rely solely on battery power for his ICE on the way to Saarbrücken.

3: A special journey with the TGV 2N2 and TGV R as a duo (from Lorraine TGV to Champagne-Ardenne TGV). The player will have to couple the trains at the beginning of the journey.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Federix

Federix Active Member

These scenario ideas are fantastic. It's great to see the community engaged and sharing imaginative concepts.

What other scenarios can you think of? Feel free to build on these suggestions or introduce new ones, the sky's the limit!