Lgv Nord Paris Gare Du Nord To Lille

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mrrando19, Feb 10, 2022.

1. mrrando19

mrrando19 Member

So what is the LGV Nord line?
    The LGV Nord is a high speed line in northern France running between Paris and Calais via Lille for 207mi (333km) with a top speed of 300kph (186mph). The section of line I am suggesting would run from Paris Gare du Nord to Lille-Flandres and Lille-Europe. This section of track is 140mi (225km) long. I know that is quite long but the line journey time is between 1hr-1hr 25mins. Also this route could be doable because much of the route runs through the French countryside so DTG could use autogen. The Operators on this route would be SCNF and Eurostar. Eurostar would run between Paris Gard du Nord and Lille Europe only, while SCNF would run between Gare du Nord Lille-Flandres and Lille-Europe.
    Heres a map of the route:
    [​IMG]
    Now for the rolling stock and DLC
    For this route I am suggesting one Eurostar and one SCNF consist each.
    [​IMG]
    For Eurostar I am suggesting the BR class 374.
    [​IMG]
    For SCNF I am suggesting the TGV Réseau. The TGV duplex can also be layered onto the route for even for services.
    [​IMG]
    And finally for a DLC I am suggesting the BR class 373 for Eurostar.
    Now for the route itself.
    There are five stations on the route.
    [​IMG]
    Paris Gare du Nord
    [​IMG]
    TGV Haute-Picardie station
    [​IMG]
    Arras station
    [​IMG]
    Lille-Flandres
    [​IMG]
    And finally Lille-Europe.
    Now to end this post off I think the LGV Nord would be a great addition to TSW2 because it adds a new highly popular operator to the in Eurostar, is a high speed long route with multiple stations, and has beautiful scenery in the northern French countryside. Thank you for reading my suggestion and have a great day!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but you are missing another train that runs here and affects Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr missing route linking the two is Köln Düsseldorf Duisburg Line the Thalys PBKA

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrrando19

mrrando19 Member

I didn't include the Thalys as it doesn't stop in lille going from Paris to Brussels or Brussels to Paris. I mean It does but only going from Brussels to Calais.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You're not going to get a 200 mile route in TSW, though.
    Lille to Calais or Calais to Boulogne might be a possibility if/when DTG decide to explore doing something SNCF but that's probably about the maximum distance you can expect!

• Like Like x 1
  5. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, ever since LGV MÉDITERRANÉE I've been wanting to see more french routes especially more TGV action (like the older sets with control wheel). Even if it can't be this long it would still be brilliant.

6. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

You are dreaming, it’s that simple

7. mrrando19

mrrando19 Member

I like to dream :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

To those saying the OP is dreaming, it isn't actually too unlikely.

It's 140mi, yes. However it only has 4 stations (although two are - undoubtedly - major), with 5 extra in Paris (RER D). So that's nine, and stations are often the most difficult part of production, according to Dovetail, so that helps.

Also, considering the rural nature of it, if DTG could sort out autogen technology, it's not actually too far out.

As for Rolling Stock, it offers a chance to get Eurostar - as well requested as they are - in the game, without stretching to get the (uninteresting, in my opinion) Channel Tunnel in.

TGVs could probably do with an extra one, the Reseau being an excellent choice by the OP, and the TGV Duplex can come into play as well, and vice-versa on the existing LGV, if valid. Same goes for Eurostar, actually, it could be found on the LGV during summer months.

Finally, a bit of the RER stock could be used for the suburban services, although considering it's only seen in Paris, probably not a requirement by any means.

Good suggestion, OP.

• Like Like x 1