PlayStation Lgv Selected Speed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dave Mel, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

why is this not working correctly. This needs to be looked into.
    i was going down that 3.5 incline and the selected speed took me to over 10 mph/kph over the line speed. eventually the speed came back down to the correct line speed. it also took me over 5 kph the line speed in other places on the line.
    i looked at the +/- on the console to adjust the speed but that didnt work either.
    by the way the graph at the end of the route just gave me a nice straight line and a gold medal lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

As I understand it It's cruise control, not AFB. So it will get you up to the selected speed, but you are responsibe for braking if gradients cause you to gain more speed beyond that.

3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If the gradient is too steep you will have to brake , as the speed set is not as advanced as lzb

• Like Like x 1
  4. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

This is intentional. Cruise control runs on the master controller brakes. These brakes are way weaker than the train brake. You need to substitute extra braking with the train brake when going down a steep gradient so that you do not overspeed.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s not designed to hold the speed on very steep gradients. Even cruise control on a car won’t always hold the speed on a steep slope - it’s up to the driver to manage and keep control of the train.

6. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

if because the TGV drivers say it the TGV can contain its speed with the electric brake on LGV I find the physics of the tgv not realistic the pneumatic brake is not terrible on slopes the tgv brake can maintain speed according to a friend TGV driver

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

If that’s the case, then I totally agree.

8. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

When I see a steep downhill coming up, I usually set the selected speed one notch lower then the limit. That way you don’t overspeed

• Like Like x 1