Liege Aachen L37: Ska International Link To Belgium

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by driverwoods#1787, Oct 15, 2021.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hi guys it's me Driverwoods#1787 and I'm suggesting the Liege Aachen Railway SNCB L37. This railway line is the international extension of Schnellfahrstrecke Koln Aachen. For those that want the Parallel fast line with ETCS signaling check Martin 13's LGV 3 proposal
    Contents
    • Map
    • Description
    • Rolling Stock
      • DLC
      • Layers from German Belgian & Austrian Routes
    • Service Pattern
    • Pictures
    • Videos
    • Final Thoughts
    Map
    [​IMG]
    Description

SNCB/NMBS L37 was built in 1842-1843. Therefore making it the first cross-border railway in the world together with Koln Aachen which is a base game route. This SNCB/NMBS Railway Line continues eastward to Koln Hbf via Duren as Schnellfahrstrecke Koln Aachen which is found in the game as a base route represented by ICE3M DB BR406 on the cover. The line was electrified in May 1966 with the eastern end being Aachen Hbf tracks 6-9, where SNCB 3kv DC is switched to Deutsche Bahn 15kv 16.7hz which is in-game for SKA source, is Thorsten Buker's railways across Europe. The railway line final kilometers require a banker locomotive for heavy passenger or goods trains. This is due to Aachen Sud Ronheider Ramp having a 26% grade 4% steeper than Main Spessart Bahn Spessart Ramp Laufach to Heigenbrucken section 22% slope. The exception to this is Multiple Unit Trains since those have enough power to climb the Ronheider Ramp. Signalling System is Standard SNCB light signals and TBL 1. Overhead contact System poles are standard SNCB 3kv wires to Herengrath border with Germany. After Herengrath station it's the standard Deutsche Bahn overhead contact system poles but with SNCB/NMBS 3kv wire with the kilometer Zero being SKA Koln Hbf. The Deutsche Bahn Poles using SNCB/NMBS 3kv DC climbs up the Ronheider Ramp then terminate at Aachen Hbf tracks 6-9 where 15kv starts. The line runs left track until Aachen Hbf where it goes right-hand track running. Before the current configuration trains used to switch from the left and right track running before the Buschtunnel. The maximum speed on the line is 140 km/h (85-87 mph) and the route length is 54 km (34-35 Mi).
    Rolling Stock
    SNCB/NMBS M6

[​IMG]
    Belgian Intercity Double Decker trainsets built-in 2002 comes in 76 cm platform height with steps. The cab car is called a Bx capacity of 136 passengers. Is equipped with Gf automatic couplers requiring special HLE 18 Siemens with GF couplers HLE19 Max speed 200 km/h (125 mph). Others have Buffers and Chains for use by SNCB locomotives that lack GF couplers
    SNCB/NMBS HLE18/19 Siemens
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Built from 2008-2012. These locomotives do operate most of SNCB/NMBS Intercity services including the Nightjet EN424/425 Aachen Liege Brussels Midi section where SNCB HLE 18/19 Siemens relive OBB 1116 part of DB BR182 Taurus locomotive family. The difference between HLE 18 from HLE19 is that HLE19 has GF automatic couplers while HLE18 has the Buffers and Chains. Max Speed is 200 km/h (125 mph).
    SNCB/NMBS AM 39-79 (MS 39-79)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Built from 1939-1979. These SNCB/NMBS Emu are classified by the year of construction and language classification depending on the SNCB/NMBS Depots located in Flanders Dutch Speaking Part MS39-79 & Wallonia French-speaking part of Belgium AM39-79. Comes in a variety of paint Schemes Grey Yellow Red Black and Blue or Maroon Black White & Yellow. Maximum Speed is 130-140 km/h (80-87 mph) depending on the year of construction. Uses Henricot Couplers which are similar to Class 66 HST SPG Cane Creek and NEC Boston Providence AAR couplers.
    SNCB/NMBS I6
    [​IMG]
    Single Decker Intercity Coaches built from 1995-1997. Cab Car uses the HLE13 front cab design. In normal operation, these can be operated in Push-pull services by HLE 13 Alstom or HLE 18/19 Siemens. Some cases Mix and Matched with M7 M6 coaches in the same set.
    SNCB/NMBS AM08/MS08
    Built from 2011 to 2015 by Siemens using both Dutch Wikipedia MS 08 and French Wikipedia articles on AM08. is part of the Siemens Desiro ML including OBB 4744/4746 seen on my OBB Suggestion the Westbahn. On this route, these operate the S41 S42 S Train Liege. In the official languages of Belgium French Wallonia, it's called Train S train Liege Dutch Flanders S train Luik and German-speaking part of Belgium Malmedy Eupen S zug Luttich.
    [​IMG]
    DLC
    SNCB/NMBS M7
    [​IMG]

The latest SNCB NMBS intercity train was built by Alstom Bombardier from 2018-2021. These Intercity trains come in a formation of regular coaches with the BDx cab car and are powered by SNCB HLE18/19 Siemens. An entirely self-propelled unit if the SNCB NMBS HLE18/19 Siemens is replaced by a BMx cab car complete with Traction units for 3kv DC & 25kv 50hz. Max speed 200 km/h (125 mph) and equipped with TBL & ETCS signalling systems.
    SNCB/NMBS HLE16
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Built in 1966 by BN Bombardier Transportation Brugges Plant is now owned by Alstom. These are vintage 4 voltage locomotives equipped for 1.5kv DC Netherlands ATB EG/NG & Southern France KVB 25kv 50hz some Belgian lines Northern France KVB Luxembourg Memor II pre-ETCS 3kv Belgium TBL Memor II. Lastly Germany 15kv 16.7hz PZB LZB Sifa. These will serve as the retro train for L37 and SKA if Linked. Retired from NMBS/SNCB service 2007-2010. Can interact with Tharandter Rampe Steam locomotives or future German route steam locomotives if L37 was owned in addition to Riesa-Dresden Tharandter Rampe by replacing the steam locomotives at Aachen Rothe Erde or Stollberg Rheinland yard since SKA is standard for all TSW 2 owners. Portrays a recreation of an Interzone train Brussels to East Germany now running as a railtour trip with matching I10 coaches as a 2nd option. Another option is interacting with my legends of the GDR proposed DLC for DCZ and Riesa-Dresden with HLE16 pulling Deutsche Reichsbahn Y-wagen including the Orange and Cream Stadtseeexpress Rekowagen Restaurant carriage also a railtour by replacing the DR BR243/250 at Aachen rothe Erde or Duren.
    Layered Trains from German Austrian and Belgian routes
    DB BR 406 ICE 3M

[​IMG]
    Comes in the base game route SKA and for this route, it appears as AI train around Liege and Herengrath stations. Playable if the fast line LGV 3 were to be bundled and Linked together as a Single route.
    HLD 77
    [​IMG]
    Freight Locomotives that can do both shunting and mainline traffic. On this route, 7771-7870 have TBL & PZB appears as AI around Aachen & Herengrath areas. Playable if Antwerp-Brussels 9livescat or Kortrijk - Brussels L89 are owned. In these can run Liege Kinkempois to Aachen Rothe Erde Gbf or Liège Kinkempois to Köln Ehrenfeld where all Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen freight ends. On the long term if DTG does make merged routes then HLD77 7771-7871 can run Liège Kinkempois to Hagen Gbf on Rhein-Ruhr Osten if L37 Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and Rhein-Ruhr Osten are merged by the Köln Wuppertal Steinbeck line via Köln Kalk Rangierbahnhof. Where are portion is split then continues North to Hagen Gbf via Wuppertal Steinbeck.
    DB BR 363 & 232 IF RSN or Riesa Dresden is owned then you can use them as banking locomotives on Ronheider Ramp Aachen Sud if needed.
    OBB Nightjet Sleeper Coach
    [​IMG]
    If Snek's Tauernbahn or my suggestion Westbahn Salzburg-Wien are owned amd combined with this SNCB route. Every 07:47 Aachen to Liege trips & the 20:30 liege to Aachen trips get OBB nightjet coaches pulled by SNCB NMBS HLE18/19 which has replaced the Taurus locomotive DB BR182 family at Aachen Hbf. In the case of the 20:30 Liege to Aachen trip, SNCB HLE18/19 carries the train to Aachen Hbf where it's replaced by a Taurus locomotive.
    Service Pattern
    From the current SNCB/NMBS L37 timetabled services between Liege-Guillemins and Aachen Hbf take 40-60 minutes. The reason for this is to take into account the transfer time from IC 01 Oostende Eupen to L5xxx at Verviers Central & Pepinster. OBB Nightjet 424/425 takes 48-60 minutes to travel between Liege Guillemins and Aachen Hbf. Timetable language is in Belgian French and there's also a Dutch language version available for L37.
    Pictures
    Liege Guillemins
    [​IMG]

The starting point of the line taken by 16 miles
    Verviers Central
    [​IMG]

Transfer point between IC 01 Oostende Eupen & L5018/5019 Spa Aachen taken by Michael B
    Buschtunnel
    [​IMG]

Deutsche Bahn Netze owned and Maintained tunnel but uses 3kv DC SNCB/NMBS voltage TBL signaling instead of SKA LZB PZB. Taken by Oecherbahn
    Aachen Hbf
    [​IMG]

Voltage track hand running and Signalling Change from TBL Infrabel to Deutche Bahn Netze PZB LZB. End of L37 start of base game route SKA.
    Videos

Loco exchange SNCB HLE18/19 to OBB 1116. Can happen if L37 & OBB routes like Arlbergbahn Tauernbahn and my suggestion Westbahn Salzburg Wien Hbf are owned

AM66 SNCB to Aachen Hbf video is by Brttrains

AM66 SNCB NMBS Classic emu leaving Aachen for Spa Video is by fellow forum member imaginox9 channel link

IC01 on L37 video by Jen

Final Thoughts

SNCB/NMBS L37 Liege to Aachen should be added into TSW 2 for various reasons. The first reason is that it's going to introduce Belgium a new country together with a different voltage system 3kv DC and signaling system TBL alongside trains that operate on those. These are SNCB NMBS Classic EMU AM39-79 HLE18/19 Siemens HLD77 & M7. 2nd reason is that you can use special German trains equipped with TBL on L37 if LGV 3 is closed as SKA DB BR406 by simply turning on the TBL switch located where PZB LZB & Sifa are in-game. Furthermore, if SNCB/NMBS L37 is to be built then it can allow DTG to experiment with cross-border operation using SNCB/NMBS trains running on PZB and switching track running at Aachen Hbf if L37 and SKA are linked. Due to them sharing Aachen Hbf and giving that station needed rush-hour style traffic. One more reason that DTG can explore is DLC interaction is having L37 Liege Aachen Hbf and other SNCB Routes that can layer to L37. Is having DLC locomotives SNCB/NMBS interact with German DLC locomotives like SKA DB BR187 making it a prototypical operation at Aachen Hbf and Rothe Erde goods yard. One more new feature is the Belgian-style S-Bahn operations on L37 in the form of S41 & S42 lines of the Liege S train. Additionally, DTG Localization teams can call Liege as Luttich German-speaking TSW 2 community Dutch Language community TSW 2 Luik Liege & Aken for Aachen and lastly French-speaking TSW 2 community L37 Liege Aix la Chapelle. Overall there are reasons why L37 Liege-Aachen should be added to the game. If this were to come for TSW 3 then the Tutorial occurs at Training Centre for all trains while the TBL Memor II equipment tutorial is on L37 itself in the Liege area. This has the player use AM08 Desiro ML or HLE 18/19 Siemens

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 23
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Here is my money! I like how they all have my avatar already on the livery :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

You mean the sides of MS39-79 electric multiple units M7 double decker Intercity HLE18/19 Siemens. For locals on this route MS is called AM39-79 79 is said as Septante Neuf in Wallonia just like Switzerland French speaking part. I'm wondering how does TBL work otherwise owners of SKA will spam PZB Wachsam PZB Acknowledge command because they're going to treat that as PZB. even though they're past Aachen Hbf PZB End begin Infrabel TBL but Maintained by Deutsche Bahn Netze up to Hergenrath Infrabel start

4. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Please expand to Brussels

• Like Like x 2
  5. driverwoods#1787

You mean L36 & LGV2 Brussels Leuven Lovain Liege Line.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

If the route from Aachen to Liège is too short

• Like Like x 2
  7. driverwoods#1787

L37 is 3km (34 mi) shorter than GWML London Paddington to reading 57 km (36 mi) but longer Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden 52km (32 mi). That's why it fits between these two.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antwerpcentral

Just do Belgium in one route. It's not that big of country. Just combine Antwerp / Brussels with Brussels / Aachen and we will have one of the coolest routes on TSW. Even the collectables will make you want this route. Chocolate and Waffles. Yummy!

• Like Like x 2
  9. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Tbl is a bit of pzb a bit of aws, adverse signals you have to acknowledge but there's no speed monitoring, only at a red signal there's a beacon (300meters before signal) like the 500hz in pzb,which monitors that you're below 40km/h, that's it, pretty simple

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. antwerpcentral

Cool! Nothing should be able to go wrong then I suppose. Perfect. Let's do this Belgian Route. Tous ensemble

Everyone is getting tired of always the UK/NA/GER based routes. Belgium is a bit of compromise. Easy to make, not much that can go wrong. Yup it could be the redemption route.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

We already have Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and this one extends to Liège via the Conventional line. The only train to make the entire Köln Liege Trip via L37 is the ÖBB Nightjet SNCB HLE18/19 Brussels Midi Aachen Hbf. The problem for the development team is how to read SNCB/NMBS time tables because L37 Liège Aachen grouped with L44 Pepminster Spa L49 Eupen. That would be the same issue if Brussels Antwerp Lines Brussels Liège via Leuven are made

12. KoeleKoen

I doubt they'll do anything belgian soon but if they do decide to do the hle18 in köln i'd be happy to help since i have easy access cause i drive the hle18 nationally

• Like Like x 1
  13. antwerpcentral

Even better news for the Belgian Route! DTG even now has acces to Belgian railways.

Now it''s really just a matter of waiting until they announce it. Can't be long anymore, any time soon ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. driverwoods#1787

HLE18 is up to Aachen Hbf because it's a voltage change station 3kv DC SNCB L37 to Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen 15kv 16.7hz. Only locomotives SNCB/NMBS that can run on SKA are HLD77 7771-7870 and HLE28/29 Bombardier due to PZB Sifa equipment from L37. The timetable for L37 calls for HLE18 to run 20:30 Liège to Aachen trip. Since at Aachen Hbf HLE18 is dropped for DB BR182/ÖBB1116 to do Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. Speaking of L37 did I get the coaches correct or is it I10 Eurofirma for IC500 Oostende Eupen.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

I am not.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, driverwoods#1787
    I'd love to see this in game. Don't know if we'll ever see it though. I'm wondering if DTG already reached out to NMBS/SNCB and if so, if those communications were positive.

I tend to like modern rolling stock the best, but out of the trains you mentioned, my favorite would be the little classic emu's (AM73). The traction motors on those make a very nice sound when accelerating.

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

AM73 is part of AM39-79 family operate Spa to Aachen Hbf service before the 2018-2019 SNCB/NMBS service re organization it operates Liege Aachen Regional service video dates back to 2013-2014.

AM 70-73 in Aachen Hbf

Combine L37 Liege Aachen with Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden or Riesa-Dresden for New look DB BR146.2 DB BR143 then my suggestion the Westbahn Salzburg Wien you actually get a busy Aachen Hbf. In the case of RE1 Hamm to Aachen Hbf using Main Spessart Bahn or Riesa-Dresden DB BR146.2 & DB BR442 RE9 Siegen if you're behind SNCB AM73-79 EMU on tracks 6-9. Red Signal 2000hz is active once the Belgian train leaves Tab PC Xbox Series X PS5 D pad up you're going to ask the dispatcher to change voltage from 3kv DC to 15kv 16.7hz then end RE1 RE9 services on tracks 6-9 Aachen Hbf.

18. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea. Would love to see it in Train Sim World 2. An international route!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. driverwoods#1787

You mean L37 Aachen to Liège is supposed to gets ETCS Level 1 like Lucerne-Olten Line coming to TSW2. If that were to happen SNCB NMBS HLD77 HLE28 need ETCS Level 1 switch in addition to PZB LZB.

• Like Like x 1
  20. antwerpcentral

Did we find a developer yet that can pull this off? I think Matt said if a dev can build it everything is possible.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  21. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see this, a really interesting and varied route - including the regular and high speed lines would overcome the relative shortness, and the short branch to Eupen as an addition would make sense. Also, once you had the HLE 18 model you could spin that out into its many international variants. Also, perhaps extend it slightly west of Liege, to get in that crazy incline down to the station.

• Like Like x 1
  22. driverwoods#1787

Are you trying to extend it to the Ans Inclined Plane where banking locomotives are required for passenger trains banking locomotives SNCB NMBS HLE22. Same situation for Aachen Süd Ronhider Rampe 26% steep section where Ruhr-Sieg Nord DB BR232 is required for some passenger services. Kinkempois Aachen Rothe Erde services freight SNCB HLD77 7771-7871. HLE18 Siemens has ÖBB version the 1293 DB BR193 ELL 193 AI on Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr since it runs Hollandstrecke Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Amsterdam via Utrecht.
    Even better is Kinkempois Aachen Rothe Erde Hagen Gbf on RRO on HLD77 7771-7871 if the Missing Koln Wuppertal Line is built then RRO to Hagen. If L37 gets merged with SKA Koln Wuppertal RRO.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  23. KoeleKoen

Hle18 is a different loco than 193 though, 193 is a vectron, 18 is a eurosprinter

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

You mean L36 Leuven Ans Leuven in SNCB French timetables it's written as Lovain. Liege Ans need Banker locomotive services in the form of SNCB HLE 22

25. KoeleKoen

22's are long gone by now

26. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about the HLE22 being out of service and I'm wondering if there are still Passenger Banking locomotives over Liege Ans?
    If there's one then it's HLE27 or HLD55 dual couplers Scharfenberg with Buffers and Chains if Thalys PBKA DB BR406 can't get up or down the Ans Inclined Plane.

27. driverwoods#1787

The front and rear of HLE18 Siemens resembles a 193 ÖBB 1293 that's why they get the two mixed up. I11s & I6s used to go to Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen in the 1990s early 2000s with HLE16 although a DB BR232 is required to push them at Aachen Süd Ronhider Rampe 26% grade

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  28. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for the reply and one of your proposed routes might have freight locomotive that can run on L37 3kv DC SNCB NMBS TBL Memor II. If L37 was made Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen will be busy with HLD77 7771-7871 running Liege Lüttich to Köln Ehrenfeld for Köln Kalk or Gremberg. Some HLD77 7771-7871 services will end at Aachen Rothe Erde for DB BR185.2 Rallion services onward to Köln if Containers Rhein-Ruhr Osten 185.5.

29. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Do you mean The DB BR 193 Vectron?

30. driverwoods#1787

That's what I meant and if L37 were to be merged with base Game SKA DB BR193 Vectron freight can run Luttich (Liege) Koln Ehrenfeld direct freight. Requires the freight service to Use Aachen Hbf tracks 6-9 to change voltage Others will need to swap locomotives at Aachen Hbf SNCB HLE13 in the case of SNCB HLD 7771-7871 freight services end at Aachen Rothe Erde

• Like Like x 1
  31. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

Normally yes, that should be their plan eventually all of europe on a central system.
    Are they working on it, as far as I know even some HLD 62 have all ETCS .
    Infrabel
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLD_62

About the HLR 77 can't find anything from ETCS.
    If they were to be renewed with additional equipment, there would be a very good chance that they would place ETCS in it, just like the HLD62. But this is again speculation.

wikipedia
    Step towards the introduction of ERTMS

The additional beacon of TBL 1+ is a eurobalise. A eurobalise is a beacon that meets the specifications of the European ERTMS. In order to switch to ERTMS, it is no longer necessary to replace the hardware on the ground, but only to adjust its operation. The introduction of TBL 1+ is therefore a step in the introduction of ERTMS and therefore a sustainable investment.

TBL 1+ was introduced from 2008. After the train accident at Buizingen in 2010, the introduction of TBL 1+ was accelerated. By November 2016, all locomotives and railcars of the NMBS were equipped with TBL 1+. Since December 2016, trains without TBL 1+ are no longer allowed to run on Belgian tracks.[1] By 2022, ERTMS will be installed on the entire Belgian rail network. TBL 1+ is then no longer necessary. From 2025, the eurobalises will only transmit ERTMS information to the trains.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/TBL_1+

32. driverwoods#1787

Thanks for telling me about this are some units of HLD62/63 PZB Equipped? if so then they can run Aachen Rothe Erde to Kinkempois Liege Hump Yard freight. Basically for owners of Nahverkehr Dresden Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz Main Spessart Bahn Ruhr-Sieg Nord RRO will have their 185.5 185.2 185.6 end service at Aachen Rothe Erde to uncouple them. Then attach HLD62/63 SNCB NMBS to Kinkempois Liege Hump Yard via Ronheider Rampe with a TBL 1 ETCS Capable DB BR232 (DR BR132) at the rear since freight services towards Belgium from Aachen Rothe Erde need that. Reason for this Ronheider Rampe is 26% grade downhill towards Liege-Guillemins Freight Kinkempois from Aachen Süd.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Ilba8765

you're welcome
    there are still a few HLD 55 from NMBS/ SNCB that should have PZB are identically the same as the 62 locos but apparently a little longer.
    I have no idea if the HLD 55 is still used.

The HLD 62 does not have a PZB, the new ones with ETCS are driving for Infrabel.
    in the end that the two types of locomotives resemble each other can be an advantage.
    Some pictures of the locos,

HLD 55
    possible safety systems: Memor, TVM, PZB,ATB, TBL1+

hld55.jpg hld55.png

HLD 62
    possible safety systems: Memor, TBL1+, TBL2+ ERTMS or ETCS

hld62.jpg

62fsdf.jpg

Wikipedia information

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLD_55

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. driverwoods#1787

Find that helpful and for HLD55 alongside HLD77 7771-7871 these can run Kinkempois Liège Hump Yard to Köln Ehrenfeld if L37 and SKA are merged. Mega Merger L37 and SKA to RRO & RSN via the Köln Wuppertal Line if the new German route turns out to be that one.
    Basically Timetable service will say operate this HLD55 freight from Kinkempois to Hagen Gbf RRO side via Köln Kalk Nord Rbf where a portion is split up.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Ilba8765

The HLE 28 and HLE 29 TRAXX BR186 as a DLC
    TRAXX F140 MS2
    (Bombardier)

You often see them driving around in Belgium, probably
    also in other countries.
    Among different companies and many kinds of services, both travelers and goods.

locotraxxs.png cabtrasss.png 186t.png ryry186h.png
    ns trfzef.png

36. driverwoods#1787

Is this equipped with PZB LZB Sifa DB ÖBB TBL Memor II Infrabel Netherlands ATB EG NG ETCS. If so owners of L37 Liège Aachen Hbf can run them on RRO Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen as a Liège Kinkempois freight to Hagen Gbf RRO Side if SKA RRO are merged via the Köln Wuppertal Steinbeck Line. By branching off from SKA at Köln Ehrenfeld. Additionally they can run on Main Spessart Bahn as a Passau to Kinkempois Liège freight via Gemünden and the Ramp section Laufach Heigenbrücken. The banking comm switches are in the engine room so is the battery possibly TBL Memor II Infrabel Netherlands ATB EG. Behind the Driver LZB Sifa PZB Brake selector. L37 to SKA voltage change press tab keyboard PC Console Keyboard Classic and Immersion B Button Xbox Circle PS5 Immersion controls. D pad up Consoles Ask dispatcher to change the voltage from L37 3kv DC to Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen 15kv 16.7hz AC.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Ilba8765

includes everything you have mentioned on it. Nowadays many freight trains run with these locomotives all over Europe
    With it on the route Koln - Aachen should be possible, although in your suggestion it would work out much better through the border area Germany - Belgium.
    and the train audio it really special.

ezrze.jpg erte.jpg
    erzze.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. driverwoods#1787

Thanks and for NMBS SNCB HLE 28 Bombardier intro this will be Training Centre and voltage changing Aachen Hauptbahnhof Aix la Chapelle Gare Centrale

• Like Like x 1
  39. Ilba8765

You're welcome I'm already very pleased that I'm not only in favor of this interesting Country. The voltage change could still be beneficial, even the SNCF runs with these Locomotives. Dovitail Games also has the license from Railpool you can see from this (Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz) A private sector livery is already assured. Although the green color of the 186 in the SNCB - NMBS version is more iconic and there is usually no private company logo on it. Although much of it is in the private hands of freight transport.
    For example, Lineas is a company that often uses these locomotives in Belgium these days.
    CrossRail then drives around more for the English, class 66, including Belgium.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. driverwoods#1787

Find that helpful and for Class 66 it needs Memor II TBL ATB PZB version to run here and SKA if both have Köln Hbf as the common origin point for seamless merger

• Like Like x 1
  41. Ilba8765

Which is all no problem, this one has all the necessary safety systems so as 186, the model for the class 66 already exists, it is only some adjustments and perhaps innovations. As ever happens for Train Simulator 2014 at the time, specific DLC for Köln - Koblenz ( BR 266 Locomotive). In fact, they only have to make a number of new assets for this route. Overhead lines - Signals - Signs - NieuwSpoor / stations surrounding assets for Belgium and then 1 passenger train or locomotive, because the class 66 is also available here.
    In my own opinion
    Desiro ML MR08 this would be a logical choice for two futures "ÖBB Cityjet" "Desiro HC" although the 2 is very different in terms of engine sounds, the middle shape of this train so the rest should be about the same.

sfdsd.jpg

zerez.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  42. Ilba8765

Something I forgot is this Three Countries train from a private company Arriva. Because these trains did not yet have ETCS, it took a number of years before they could test them in Belgium, something they have now started with.
    Including it would also run from Liège to Aachen. This is also the first regular passenger train in Belgium that would run under a company other than NMBS/SNCB. This train offers the advantage that it travels in many countries including the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Poland of course in different self-chosen version, generally the same drawn model.

Three-country train WIKIPEDIA
    https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drielandentrein

sdfdss.jpg zreara.jpg tetzr.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  43. driverwoods#1787

For the SNCB/NMBS AM08 Flamand (Dutch) MS08 Siemens Desiro ML. I did suggest it's Austrian version ÖBB Baureihe 4744-4746 which is Schnellfahrstrecke Wien Sankt Pölten Linz Salzburg Westbahn. That one can run on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen PZB. Desiro HC DB BR462 click on my Bochum/Dortmund Hagen suggestion

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  44. Ilba8765

ok I had unfortunately overlooked your post about it, thank you for letting me know about it.

• Like Like x 2
  45. driverwoods#1787

I've actually made them after this one from what I can see the Belgian locomotives NMBS HLE28 Bombardier HLD55 can layer into them since these have Punktförmige Zugsbeeinflussung PZB equipment installed.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Ilba8765

aye now i see it, The HLD 55 would be really spectacular to see, but at the moment they only use them for the HSL. Or you have to go back in the past; In the present time they use the class 66 for goods, diesel services. As far as I know they use the HLD 62 from Infrabel more for work or smaller movements, mostly for everything that has to do with the railway itself. HLD 77 is a combination of both, often rented or used by private companies such as Lineas for standard freight transport. The rest of electric locomotives (goods) are often done by HLE 28, HLE 13 and very sometimes HLE 21 really very exceptional nowadays it is mainly the HLE 28 traxx.
    One more extension to your suggestion or rather a high-speed rail proposition.

HSL 3 Chênée - Y Hammerbrug

The Thalys and ICE follows the route of railway line 37 from Liège-Guillemins to Chênée. At Chênée station, the switchover between the 3 kV direct voltage and the 25 kV alternating voltage of the HSL track is controlled with a voltage lock. From there, HSL 3 follows a separate route. This route is for the most part parallel to the A3/E40 motorway.
    The most eye-catching work of art on the separated route is the tunnel of Soumagne, which is 6,505 meters long in total and was the longest railway tunnel in Belgium until the opening of the Antigoon tunnel. A maximum speed of 200 km/h is possible in the tunnel. Further on there is a large viaduct at the Battice interchange (1226m).

At Walhorn, the HSL 3 reconnects to line 37 after a final tunnel and a viaduct for the last three kilometers on Belgian territory. The renovated Hammer Bridge is also located on the territory of the border municipality of Kelmis on the last three kilometers.

General high-speed line information

Security or train influence: ETCS Level 2
    Track section speed: 260 KMH
    Total length: 36,1 km / 22 miles

szerz.jpg
    ezrz.jpg erzz.jpg

HSL 2 Leuven - Ans

is a high-speed line in Belgium between Leuven and Ans, along the A3/E40 Brussels - Liège. The new line, with a total length of 64 km, was opened on December 15, 2002. Among the construction works, the tunnel under the E40 in Bierbeek (757 m) can be mentioned.

The line is part of the eastern branch of the Belgian hst project[1]. The travel time between Brussels and Cologne, via the railway line 36N, HSL 2, HSL 3 and parts of the renovated classic line, will thus be reduced to approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.

The ETCS 1 protection system is located on this line. The HSL 2 is electrified with 25 kV alternating current with a frequency of 50 Hz. The Thalys trains run at 300 km/h on this line. But the ICE trains only run at 250 km/h on this line because otherwise there are problems with hot-tempered ballast. The domestic IC 01 (Eupen - Ostend) and the IC 12 (Welkenraedt - Kortrijk), which until then - just like the Thalys - used the old railway line 36 (Liège - Brussels), also run on the HSL 2. For the last 2 train connections, the normal fare applies, no special ticket or seat reservation is required. The I11 coaches and HLE18 push-pull locomotives are approved for a maximum speed of 200 km/h.

Two teams are responsible for the maintenance of the line, a Dutch-speaking team with a maintenance base in Kessel-Lo (sub-municipality of Leuven) for the part of the line from leaving the station of Leuven to Goetsenhoven, at the language border, and from Hélécine to Ans by a French-speaking team based in Ans. The Dutch-speaking team also takes care of the maintenance of the HSL 4, the French-speaking team also maintains the HSL 3.

Specially equipped diesel locomotives HLD62 with TBL2 cab signaling were used for work trains on line 2.

There is also a permanent guard post daily from 06:00 to 23:30 in Leuven station. This ensures the towing of defective trainsets on HSL 2 using an electric locomotive HLE18. To tow defective Thalys and ICE3 trains, a Dellner auxiliary coupling is used that fits on the Scharfenberg coupling of the Thalys and ICE3 trains.

Totale lengte 64,7 km / 40 miles
    Line speed 300 km/h

zetz.jpg

Railway line 36N is a Belgian railway line that connects Brussels with Leuven. Its construction, largely directly between the two tracks of line 36, was part of the route of the high-speed line between Brussels and Germany. Railway line 36N connects to HSL 2 after Leuven station. After Liège, the line is named HSL 3, which in Germany connects to the German rail network in Aachen via the Busch tunnel.

Totale lengte 28,8 km / 17 miles
    Line speed 200 km/h

zerze.jpg

The conclusion is that they should one day be able to place the entire line from Aachen to Brussels midi on Train SIM World. It could give an incredible view of the railways, with countless extensions possible.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  47. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to see some Belgian trains, but not really interested in yet another dedicated high speed line. With Marseille-Avignon and Kassel-Würzburg in my collection, I have enough of those one-trick ponies. So please let the first Belgian route offer some interesting mixed traffic. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Ilba8765

For a really busy line these two are excellent choices, they bring with them enough interest. Even choices that have not yet been invented.
    such a station as leuven, which is part of line 36, is so centrally located that every train that stops there (except Thalys and ICE) goes to different corners of the country. one possible choices in my opinion would be the railway 27 in which you could explore a station that cannot be found anywhere else in the world Antwerp Central. And then you have freight rail lines such as the Spoorlijn 27A that runs further from Antwerp central to the port of Antwerp / railway 11. Or Montzenroute
    Antwerpen - Aken 176,8 km (109 miles) mainly intended for freight where it largely crosses lines that can also be used for passenger trains.
    For busy peak hours in passenger services, the bottom two remain the right ones, trains that already exist in the game such as the class 66, ICE, TGV can perfectly enter this route; just maybe attach ETCS on the class 66.

railway 27
    Brussel-Noord - Antwerpen-Centraal

railway 36
    Brussel-Noord - Luik-Guillemins

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  49. driverwoods#1787

Spot on and I am planning this as my Next Belgian route for TSW 3 and my question is this is can TSW 3 handle Brussel Noord Leuven busiest stations on the route or not? If not then a Belgian BML

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Ilba8765

Outside Aachen you also have a large freight depot on Belgian territory, where in 2008 almost every Belgian freight train continued with the HLD 55. Now that is of course with class 66 and E186 traxx. It is only a very small piece of the Railway 24 can do a lot.
    It would then go from Aachen to Depot Montzen (Belgium)
    which is also part of the Montzen route that would run all the way to Antwerp. Only the depot could yield something nice for your Railway line 37 suggestion, in this way a little freight traffic is possible, the railway line 24 is indeed only for freight traffic, in contrast to the 37.
    In all previous times I always said to Brussels, to be honest this would be a bit too much fantasy.;)

A original railway line 37 without HSL pieces with typical Belgian trains. And if you put it before 2008, then the particle I just suggested is not electrified, which in turn means that you have a route with many opportunities, even German Diesel locomotives drove over that small part of the line at that time, just think of the BR 232 or even the first years of the class 66. All to make it as extensive as possible without having a route of 100 KM.
    And many options for exchange in different forms, everything comes to Aachen HBF or just beyond this station

qsdfsd.jpg ertre.jpg gsd.jpg

and the Viaduct of Moresnet - Aachen West is also included

fdgdfd.jpg ertzst.jpg

In any case, your suggestion has even more potential than I imagined in this region. It really is a beautiful route with Liège-Guillemins station as the showpiece.

• Like Like x 1