Life On The Underground Stonebridge Depot Impossible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by wtfhits, Nov 9, 2021.

1. wtfhits

wtfhits New Member

I am up to the one on the Bakerloo Line "Life on the underground" where you are meant to bring a train into service from Stonebridge Depot (16 or 17, not quite sure how the numbering works) - it's the one where it's at night and raining.

There seems to be a problem with the signals. The first signal after pulling out is white - all good. The next is red but with a white signal which is largely hidden by bushes - also all good (the first time I did it I actually stopped there for a while because the white is invisible to the driver depending where you stop). But the next signal is red as well, and it never changes. And I confirmed that you can't proceed (SPAD).

I turned on the next signal HUD to see what was going on - and that is even more confusing because as you approach all three signals, it is grey; which I've never seen before. Normally it is green even for a white signal (unless that was changed in the recent update).

For similar issues, people seem to be suggesting that you hold left and request to pass the signal - but if I hold left all it does is move the camera angle to the side controls. Is there a new way to request to pass the signal (and is that what you're meant to do?).

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it maybe a bug introduced in the recent update?

2. wtfhits

wtfhits New Member

OK, so it turns out I did need to speak to the signaller - but I haven't seen anywhere online that explains how in the current version.

The only way I managed was to get out of the train and walk up to the signal. Is that the correct method? (Is that why it's raining, so that that is a miserable thing to do?)

Note that as someone who doesn't actually know the ins and outs of train driving, and just got this for a bit of fun, it's extremely frustrating that there is no hint that you need to speak to the signaller. This seems to be the first time it's happened, and all previous essential things had some sort of hint - this one seems like too big a jump in terms of having to guess.

3. 5cip

5cip Active Member

wtfhits normally you can contact the dispatch with the TAB key

4. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

It’s in the dispatch tab