PlayStation Lifeless Stations And Empty Carriages...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by playthoseblues, Oct 8, 2020.

1. playthoseblues

playthoseblues Active Member

Hi All,

I have been enjoying my time with Train Sim World 2 since its release and in spite of some of it's flaws. It has its bugs and I know there are a vocal few who proclaim their dislike for the game or the developer, but on the whole, I think there is a level of thought put into this game that your average "AAA" publisher fails to achieve.

Anyway, one bug bear of mine which I wanted to report was the general lack of life in many of the stations. For instance, yesterday I was running a 7AM service on HRR and it was basically a ghost town. Hardly any passengers on the platform, and very few getting on and off the train along the route. Knowing the route describes itself as 'bustling' it seems totally the opposite.

I've noticed this on other routes as well and for me really pulls away from the immersion. I understand that DTG might be limited on consoles with the current hardware, but is there a plan to increase passenger numbers on the station or in carriages? It would be nice if there was an option to increase numbers despite FPS drops.

I don't neccessarily want a tube packed at rush hour, but I don't want to simulate trains at the beginning of lockdown either!

Happy Training!

• Like Like x 5
  2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Lockdown? :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

This has been mentioned in the live streams quite a few times when people request it.

DTGs response is that they would like to overhaul the passengers from scratch, change their behaviour to be less robotic, and increase numbers. However, it's not on the roadmap, so it's not in planning.

It's something we might see further down the line, but it looks like there are no plans to do this for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed this in the livestreams of TSW2, and even in TSW2020 which I still run. There is a huge difference (too much of a difference imo) between what DTG shows in the advert pics for Bakerloo for example vs. what you really see at the stations when running the route. It’s one thing to sim the locos and infrastructure... where are all of the people, to make it authentic and realistic?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Yes the lack of passengers does spoil it a bit. But I still love playing the game despite this and the other problems and bugs

• Like Like x 2
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It's something that does need overhauling. Took a look at the new Bus Simulator 21 footage and the passengers have variety of movements, more diverse clothing/accessories, have umbrellas in the rain, stop at crossings (this is now being taken out of Rapid Transit as they don't cross safely) and walk through the bus to the seat. However, the last game tanked the FPS with too many passengers and that's something I wouldn't want to happen to TSW.

Obviously TSW is far more simulation focused so that should always take priority for resources but the day I see busy stations and standing room only trains without performance impact on console will be a good one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

When you have passengers walk in front of oncoming trains or spawn on tracks instead of station platforms or inside tunnels,and locking the front door on the tube trains is now pointless since walking in tunnels can be done Easley,passengers walk through doors spawn on top of each other,spawn in the air.As Dr Malcom from Jurassic Park would say"Life finds a way"and until dtg overhauls the population that inhabitant there world of trains,we don't get much with more wannabe ghost citizens added to it.