Light Passenger Pack: A Ntp Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Mar 18, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. No Opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I mostly made this as a means of revising 2 older suggestions of mine when I created this account a few months ago.
    I will call this Lightweight Passenger pack as a contrast to Heavy Freight Pack.

DMUs:

BR Class 124:
    The BR Class 124s were 6 car DMUs designed to operate the Trans Pennine services between Liverpool Hull and Newcastle via Manchester Victoria, Huddersfield, and Leeds. so if they do decide to make this pack They can have the Class 124s be able to substitute the loco hauled Trans Pennine services already done by the 40, 45, and 47 along with a Few stopping services.
    LPP Class 124.jpg

BR Class 128:
    The BR Class 128s were a class of 10 purpose built Single Unit Parcel DMUs split between the Western Region and the London Midland Region. By the 1980s the majority of them went to the midland region with 2 remaining in the western region. There can be 3 variants for it the standard Midland 3 windowed cabs, the Western region Gangwayed, and the Gangway removed version without a middle window. services could include Well Parcel Services which are Loaded like Passengers with some of them involving coupling to a class 101 set as was done sometimes, and some involving picking up/dropping off Tail loads in the form of MK1 GUVs, as was done in their working lives.
    LLP Class 128 3W.jpg

BR Class 123:
    Elarthur from the comments of this thread suggested I add the Class 123 Mainly for GWE Diesel Legends.
    The Class 123s where 4-Car Express DMUs designed for services from London: Paddington - Reading and Back along with Stopping services, Later on by the Early 80s these units were transferred to work with there Mechanically similar Cousins the Class 124s in Hybrid Sets, how ever they may be Mainly on Trans Pennine with Scenarios for it they can Layer to DL To work services like they Did originally.
    LPP Class 123.jpg

Rolling Stock:

BR MK1 GUV:
    The BR MK1 GUV takes on a role similar to the MK1 BG but instead is mainly here to act as a tail load for the Class 128, they may also be used in Express Newspaper and Parcel Services.
    LLP MK1 GUV.jpg

Layering:
    Class 123s, 124s and 128s as Previously mentioned can layer out to Diesel Legends,
    The 123/124s can Layer out to do a few services on WSR,
    There is also potential for Layered services involving HFP where you may have to rescue a faulty Class 124 take it to a depot and take the faulty car off a 124 set with an 08 and replace it.
    Diesel Legends could also gain Loco hauled Parcel services with the MK1 GUV.

End:
    Welp thats the pack nothing much to say but these 3 units can really give NTP More Shine, and make a Already fantastic route even Better.

Also to note, the 123/124/ and 128s are extinct none survive but there are plenty of reference photos with the outside and inside and Cabs that I think dovetail can make recreations of them in TSW2, plus the Engine all 3 DMUs use are the Albion 230hp which is on the Class 114/115 so it shouldn't be an Issue to get engine sounds.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Great suggestions which would really work well to improve NTP. If you include the Class 123 units as well, then you have more variety on the Transpennine route plus the ability to use both Classes 123 and 128 on GWE as well as the coaches mentioned. The inclusion of these types would really help in building up the atmosphere on both routes. Please give this some heavy consideration DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  3. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

well I decided to update this post with some Formatting and Images hope yall enjoyed

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If purchased these can also provide layers to Great Western Mainline diesel Legends. That requires GWML getting Newspaper Express

• Like Like x 2
  5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

This would really add something to NTP, and I'd totally buy it!

• Like Like x 1