Lights Won't Work Anymore After Reload Of A Saved Game

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by redchiefnr1, Mar 20, 2018.

1. redchiefnr1

redchiefnr1 New Member

Hi,

if I reload a saved game, the lights of the Train won't work anymore. It's not possible to activate them again.

regards
    Dirk

2. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Press the battery control button at the back of the cab, after that they should work again.

3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

This is on the known issues list.

4. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

To add to answers above, unless you want more weird problems, you better not load a saved session. Like, ever.

5. Locke

Locke New Member

Here's been my experience with this after loading a saved session & my troubleshooting (to save others the time)
    • Lights don't work when in Service mode. When you spawn in the cab, the cab light is set to on but no light is actually on. Turning the light off and on again fixes this; there isn't an option as far as I can tell to do the same for the passenger lights.
    • Lights work in Scenarios, Spawning on foot, and taking over AI controlled trains.
    Attempted fixes:

*Always make a backup before deleting files
    • Deleted Last Saved Game (C:\Users\*You user name*\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\SaveGames\TSWSaveGame_User.sav)
    • Deleted Profile (C:\Users\*You user name*\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype\Saved\SaveGames\PP_User.sav)
    • Deleted entire user file (C:\Users\*You user name*\Documents\My Games\TS2Prototype)
    • Deleted AppData files (C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\TslGame)
    • Deleted the NY DLC (C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Train Sim World\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\DLC\TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-NECNewYork.pak)
    • Re-installed the NY DLC from Steam
    • Deleted the main game Pak (H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Train Sim World\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\Paks\TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor.pak)
    • Re-installed through Steam
    • Uninstalled the game through Steam (as well as deleting all of the files from Steam manually on another attempt) and re-installed

After all that, I still can't get the lights to turn back on. Lesson learned, as Jef-F mentioned, do not ever load a saved session.

To the much smarter people out there - is there anything I'm missing? Any other recommendations?