Lincolnshire Wolds Railway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HamioSamio098, Jan 14, 2021.

1. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

Hello all!

This is going to be a short proposal as the line is, well, short but I feel it would be good to give people a taster of what driving a steam train is like.

The Line
    The line currently runs for 1.5 miles between the two stations of North Thoresby and Ludborough but there are plans to extend the line north to Holton Le Clay and south to the town of Louth with an extra stop at Fotherby, which will bring the line length to 9 miles

Stations on the line include (stations yet to be reopened will be shown in italics)
    . Holton Le Clay
    North Thoresby
    . Ludborough
    . Fotherby
    . Louth

Locos and Rolling stock
    The railway currently own 5 steam trains, including one built in Sweden, and 5 diesel shunters.

The 5 steam trains are
    . RSH 7597 'Zebedee' (named due to the effect of the coil spring suspension!)
    . Peckett 0-4-0 'Fulstow no.2'
    . Peckett 0-4-0ST 'Lion'
    . B Class 4-6-0 (The Swedish one)
    . Andrew Barclay 0-4-0 'Spitfire'

The 5 diesels are
    . BR Class 08
    . G. Bagnall 0-6-0 DL2
    . 2 Ruston and Hornsby Shunters
    . 97650 (PWM650)

Images of some of the locos and final note
    [​IMG]
    G
    . Bagnall 0-6-0 DL2

[​IMG]
    B Class 4-6-0

[​IMG]
    Peckett 0-4-0 'Fulstow no.2'

As a final note: I feel this line, whilst short, would make an amazing introduction to the world of steam trains and more small diesel shunters but it would be even better if tis routes enters production, if it ever will, then I would definitely love to see the full line from Holton Le Clay to Louth. This line does have its quirks and some may find some fun out of it.

https://www.lincolnshirewoldsrailway.co.uk/

Link to the website which gives you a detailed history of the line amongst other things.