Fishing Sim World Line Strength ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by opaloka#5414, May 8, 2022.

1. opaloka#5414

opaloka#5414 New Member

Does line strength/type matter as in will it/does it affect the catch rate of certain types of fish ?

Thanks

2. VILLE BOY

VILLE BOY Member

no it makes no difference to your lure effectiveness at all, and certainly doesn't stop the fish from biting!

• Like Like x 1
  3. opaloka#5414

opaloka#5414 New Member

Thanks

4. hoarseartery

hoarseartery New Member

5. thomasfrank

thomasfrank New Member

The fishing line's test, measured in pounds, is its tensile strength. The weight of the species you are fishing for should be about equivalent. quordle

6. upscalevalley09

upscalevalley09 New Member

In my view, Yes, fishing line can be too heavy. Adding a bigger line than is recommended on the reel will reduce the line capacity on the spool. Additionally, line that is too heavy for the rod will make it difficult to cast small lures or baits. Line size should be within the range listed on the rod and reel. So I think, along with the length, strength is equally important.

7. trichome3

trichome3 New Member

I would like to emphasize the significance of Length. Certainly the most obvious metric, length is the distance the rod covers from tip to butt. A rod's length affects casting distance, accuracy, and hook set leverage. Longer rods will cast farther than shorter rods of the same power and action, and shorter rods will be more accurate. :D

8. Bassington

Bassington Member

Use the 80lb braid for everything.

then you’re covered for all situations should you get a monster on the line.

I’ve won multiple competitions online and the 80lb line is always on my setups, so stick with that and you’ll be golden .

good luck.