PC Lirr - 2x Issues: Interior Lighting Control & Strange Interior Texture

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by QNS Chris, Sep 10, 2020.

1. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

Good day,

Upon starting up the LIRR in TSW2, I noticed 2x issues immediately:
    - 1. On the M7 MFD in the Train Operator's cab, I am unable to click the "Interior Lighting Selection" button to turn on the pax lights. See screenshots A, B, and C. Screen A is TSW2, Screens B, C are TSW1 showing ability to select lighting on / off.
    - 2. On the M7 interior, the panel above the doors is strangely textured in an almost camouflage pattern - see screenshots D and E. Screen D shows the panel in TSW1, Screen E shows the strange texture in TSW2.

Screenshots:
    A. TSW2 MFD w/ Interior Lighting - unable to select/unselect TSW2_Chris_1599753055_00.png

B. TSW1 MFD w/ Interior Lighting Unselected
    TSW_Chris_1599753173_00.png

C. TSW1 MFD w/ Interior Lighting Selected
    TSW_Chris_1599753181_00.png

D. TSW door panel texture
    TSW_Chris_1599753198_00.png

E. TSW2 door panel texture
    TSW2_Chris_1599752812_00.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing with the M7 MFD. Also in regards to all the MFDs in the preserved collection....there is a noticeable lag when switching from external to internal cam before it appears. (Giving the impression it turns off when in external view)

This MFD 'lag' was almost non-existent in TSW1

• Like Like x 2
  3. QNS Chris

I've noticed the same MFD lag as well - not only on the M7, but also on the Bombardier Talent. Never happened to me in TSW1; I recall first seeing it when they were demoing TSW2 pre-release on the Bombardier, was hoping it would get worked out prior to release.

It's not a show-stopper, but it's annoying at best.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Have you ever been able to change passenger lighting (MFD) on console? It doesn't work for me in both games.

• Like Like x 1
  5. QNS Chris

I can't speak to the console version because I'm on PC, but if you're experiencing the same issue, it would seem that the issue exists cross-platform in TSW2. In TSW1, I'm still able to enable / disable the interior lights on the M7 via the MFD (see screens above) - not so in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The thing is I could never do that in TSW1 on console. Wondering if that was a PC specific change but this time they kept it the same across platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  7. QNS Chris

Ahh gotcha. Not sure - I only recently discovered it was possible on TSW1, so it's possible that it was added / edited at some point post-release.

All that said, a recurring issue (complaint :|) not unique to the LIRR is the fact that this functionality is addressed nowhere in the LIRR user's manual or any other DTG / official literature that I'm aware of. Only through reading posts by other users via forums was I able to discover the MFD lighting feature. If I'm wrong here about this not being covered in any manual, I'd like to know, as it would be a useful reference.

DTG - got anything re: functionality not covered in user manuals?

• Like Like x 1