PlayStation Lirr Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by byeo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’ve just downloaded Long Island Railroad DLC and on the Kings & Queens scenario when I arrive at Nostrand Avenue I can unlock the doors using the D pad but when it comes to locking them again nothing happens.

When I turn around to look at the manual controls the key is in and every few seconds it’ll clink and turn to the right, a few lights flash in the No motion green light, Engineer Override red light and a black and green light above the key itself.

How can I lock the doors manually, what’s the process as nothing seems to lock them...

I’m loving his game but my god there seems to be loads of silly little bugs that need sorting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Make sure to have the brake applied to at least minimum, so the doors can close. If the brake is released the doors won't close and just cycle in the way you explained above

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thanks, will try this out right now.

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

On the subject of the LIRR, that’s the process to shut down the active controls?

There is a marker pointed at the reverser and brake master controller, does it go in neutral and brake set to max brake? There seems to be another option on the reverser above forward but it won’t switch to it and i can shut down the cab and turn master key to off until the right combination is done...

5. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

You need to engage the E-brake (11th Brake notch), past the Max Brake (10th Brake notch), in order to set the reverser, to the off position (Key out). Finally, rotate the master key to the off position. This is how you would shut the cab controls down, properly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Thank you so much.

7. rmb

rmb New Member

I'm having trouble restarting the train after I make the first stop on the LIRR. I load passengers, then lock the doors. I release the break and apply throttle, but the train does not move.

8. xD 2Bad4You

Are the doors fully locked? If you release the brakes before closing the doors they will just cycle and wont close. Once they are closed, release the brake and apply power.
    Also if you hit the emergency brake by accident (can happen while you want to unlock the doors) make sure you set the brake to full service and charge up the brakes to 90 again.

9. rmb

rmb New Member

Thanks. I did try charging the brakes, but I noticed the needle wasn't moving. Do I need to set the brake to full service before charging?
    Thanks, again.

10. xD 2Bad4You

Yeah the brakes need to be in the setting before emergency brake so you can charge them.
    But that's only needed if you pressed the emergency brakes by accident or got a penalty brake.

If your still having trouble, uploading a game clip might helps to understand what could have happened.

11. tga0303

tga0303 New Member

Thank you very much. I had the same problem as described above. I first thought it´s a bug.