Train Sim World 3 Lirr Map Expansion, Oyster Bay Route + (de-30ac/dm) (m9) (mp15) And Working Destination, Led Lights

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Louie, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Long Island rail Road is an old map. It is been here ever since train Sim world and people still enjoy playing on the route, so to make sure that doesn’t stop and update is well needed. A little expansion to Oysterbay wouldn’t hurt, allowing us to have new trains and more scenarios new destinations to explore and more.
    First things first this expansion will add 3 miles of new track 40 minutes of new land to explore.

(trains)
    first up the DE 30 now I know for a fact that I’ve been requesting this train for a very long time now so long that most of you guys are sick of me requesting it, but if there’s going to be an expansion to Oysterbay, you’re gonna need it because the Oyster bay route is non-electrified meaning M3 M7 or M9 won’t be able to go beyond East Williston now, why East Williston you might ask well the third rail would actually stop at East Williston, and there is a mini junction a couple yards out the station, allowing the EMU unit to head and forward and reverse out on the correct rail path allowing the train to head back to Jamaica or etc.
    upload_2023-1-16_0-17-37.jpeg

second the M9 this train just came out not too long ago. It’s a nice looking train, but it does have a funky smell inside of it this train has orange LED lights on the front and side of the train. There are also flat screens inside the train itself for advertisements. I’m pretty sure you guys could promote your sales or whatever there are LEDs inside of the trains as well telling you what stop is next and what stop you are at also telling you where your train is heading once again the LEDs inside are also orange.
    upload_2023-1-16_0-17-56.jpeg

now I understand asking for oyster Bay was a lot, but if you guys have time, could we also possibly get Grand Central Station this new station for Long Island rail? Road will have four platforms two on the bottom level and two on the top. Here is a video.

Now last, but not least the MP 15, a hard-working little freight engine that can pull a lot of freight for its size, having a freight liner on the Long Island rail Road route would be very interesting especially for the people who enjoy running freight I’ve noticed while playing along on railroad there are junctions for freight if we could possibly get manual track switches for those tracks. Our freight lovers will have a great time,
    upload_2023-1-16_0-20-6.jpeg

if I have missed anything, please let me know thank you for reading my suggestion for the hundredth time and have a great day/night

• Like Like x 12
  2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

How about the New York and Atlantic Railway one instead. [​IMG]

3. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

That would be cool, but I'm pretty sure dovetail would have to get another license for that and it's a private company so I doubt it but that would be very cool

4. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

It's even possible in TSW3 on the non-extended LIRR because NYAR goes through Jamaica, as seen on this pic. (GP38-2 is also needed for the whole NYAR fun tho!)[​IMG]
    Edit: Oh, i found another pic of NYAR at Jamaica! All pics from Wikipedia btw. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope the next update will be on Lirr with the dual mode diesel locomotives and the bilevel c3 coach’s and the oyster bay Branch or port Jefferson Branch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they’re freight yard is on a separate track

7. Richie

Richie Member

DE30AC/DM30AC and the Oyster Bay branch would be awesome. Very scenic route and adds the element of diesel to the route and give it a nice reboot. Would certainly make the route much more interesting. As for the E-15, as the LIRR calls it, the LIRR uses them for work trains, not conventional freight. Trains like the tie replacement train, the laser train, the wash train and so on. Nevertheless, operating the laser train to shoot laser beams to vaporize leaves in the fall would make for an interesting scenario. That and some enhancements such as functional ASI screens, automated announcements and increased traffic through Hall and Jay interlockings would finally start turning the tide and turn this route into one of the greatest of all time!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Richie

Richie Member

Oh, and almost forgot but for the love of God, please plop in the whistle board posts, the rest of the permanent speed restriction signs, the end of block signs and all the other wayside signs that are left out. It's literally as simple as plopping static meshes into the route.

9. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and for the M9 that can also come in the M9A version which means you can run them here only to East Willston and whole Harlem Line including 153rd st

10. Richie

Richie Member

Interestingly enough, they don't even run electric trains to East Williston in reality. They had originally planned to electrify the whole branch and when they completed the first phase of electrification to East Williston installing 3rd rail, they ran one AM and PM peak electric train to East Williston, however those trains were cancelled sometime after they abandoned the plan to electrify the entire branch.

11. driverwoods#1787

Thanks and that can also explain why M9s can't announce East Williston despite being electrified.

On DM30AC Oyster Bay from Penn Station Electric to East Willston then Diesel from there to Oyster Bay this how a Ronkonkoma Z train via Babylon operates electric NY Penn Babylon then Diesel Babylon Bethpage Bethpage to Ronkonkoma back on electric.

12. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

Do you mean if they update Long Island railroad for TSW3 they would have to improve the route to have it fit within TSW 3 and then they would make expansion for the route I agree with your ideas

• Like Like x 1
  13. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I agree they should give the LIRR dlc A TSW 3 Remake and extend the route to RonKonkama and add the new Grand Central/Madison stop and also implements tsw 3 features like cars at railroad crossings and the new in train annoucments add more immersion to the route.

14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

If DTG Do make a new LIRR Route they should include the new Grand Central Madison, Tomorrow is the official date for riders on the LIRR to make it way to the New Grand Central Madison. Hopefully it won't be long before we get to see a brand new LIRR Route and major improvement

Here the video

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

You are correct however if the power were to be cut you need diesel locomotives to pull the trains out or bring them to Grand Central Terminal. remember on Boston Providence in real life Trains 65 66 & 67 the Twilight Shoreliner service are actually operated by a diesel locomotive if the power of were to be cut during routine maintenance

16. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

It would be great if we had the MP15-DC to simulate scenarios where there is equipment failure with the EMU's. I just did a run on one of the journeys in TSW3 from Penn Station to Hicksville and was pleasantly good but I think there is room for improvement. This route definitely needs some TLC

17. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Well, like I’ve been told many times if you guys want this to come out, you guys have to make suggestions so make that happen and sooner or later or suggestion will be reality

18. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

21. driverwoods#1787

correct and also bring them to Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal lower platforms since the Upper Platforms are seen on the Harlem Line DLC. Time for a TSW 3 NYC Merge routes by setting the Common Origin points as Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal to make a seamless merger happen

• Like Like x 3
  22. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

why not both? for all intents and purposes they are the same train

23. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

Grand Central Station it is officially open for Long Island rail Road

• Like Like x 1