Lirr Race Day Run Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nick Y, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Has anyone else come across this before whilst doing race day run?
    [​IMG]
    On the single track section towards Hempstead, the signal from the previous section was green. I left the station on time, slowed down and proceeded onto the single track section where I am met with the above, an oncoming train.
    The problem is, I can't reverse the train because there's a red light behind me and if I do go to reverse, I'll end up with a SPAD.

2. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Unfortunately it looks like you already ended up with a SPAD due to no fault of your own. Either the signal glitched or the AI driver SPADed (EDIT: Though I don’t think he can SPAD as he has ROW until he clears the single track). Either way, I see no way around except to restart. Never saw that before, but I thought I saw somewhere else where “Race Day Run” could be glitchy.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I don't know how I could SPAD if the signal is green for me to enter the single track line.
    It didn't end the scenario like it would normally with a SPAD.

4. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

It’s not a SPAD in the official sense but it might as well be as you cannot move and the other train likely cannot (or will not) back all the way back to Hempstead. As I said it was likely a glitch (i.e. bug).

5. barmy_owl

barmy_owl New Member

I have. Driving me mad. I check everytime i start it and its there blocking the way. Never moves. Iv tried pushing it back to Hempstead but this just messes up the game as when you ask signaller at Hempstead for permission to leave it says denied due to leaving the route or world to that effect.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

When you start, check the map and see if it is there? Is it in Hempstead ready to leave or already on its way to you? Just it just appear, maybe the timetable timing is wrong for it.

7. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

My workaround is try to arrive at Garden City on time as you will have to follow the in-game timetable to trigger the AI train. I found it's quite easy to arrive early if you drive at full speed, and the AI train wouldn't move at all. When I finally arrived on time by slowing down, the train moved.

I've sent a ticket about this and it was listed in one roadmap. Don't know if they have fixed it or not.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TrainSim-Adam

TrainSim-Adam Staff Member

Hiya,
    Thanks for the feedback. As yet we have been unable to get to the bottom of this as all our tests result in the scenario playing correctly (See attached screenshots from today). Please can you submit a Kayako ticket to DTG with as much detail as possible. Even things like XP levels and other DLC you own.

20210511142816_1.jpg 20210511142906_1.jpg 20210511144751_1.jpg

9. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

That makes sense, everything is expecting you to be bang on time. Normally I am late (True BR days ;)), sometimes so late I miss my slot and have to wait for other things to happen. Other times I just get stuck.

10. lordragnarr

lordragnarr New Member

I'm having the same issue when returning just outside of Jamaica Station there is a red light with no train sitting in the station at Jamaica

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The signals in LIRR are still hopelessly screwed up- certainly the interlockings and ABS do not work as they're supposed to, showing green Proceed aspects at the entry to occupied blocks as here.

(I should also point out that the timetable apparently was calculated at full line speed; it's often impossible to run to time under ATC speed reductions)

• Like Like x 1