Lirr Speed Limit Problems

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by jeanp.steeve, Feb 22, 2020.

1. jeanp.steeve

jeanp.steeve New Member

Hello, on youtube video cab ride, we can see the speed limit displays on yellow diamond signs along the track side. That should be a good thing to put them in the game because we don't have information on line speed, overall ATC speed and HUD speedometer don't indicate the same speed on most part of LIRR. An update is coming soon?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I've only seen two of those sings, both just west of Nostrand Ave. (One for each track). Another thing that's missing is whistle signs. They are the same as the speed limit signs but are white and have a "W". They are suppose to be located before every grade street crossing. Before every crossing, you're suppose to use your horn- two longs, a short then a long.

3. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

As far as the atc and the hud speed, that's normal. All over the system the atc (signal speed) and the track speed can be different. Know that always go with the lower allowable speed between the two. Personally, I think the developers nailed that. On that note, never use both ATC and ACSES on the Amtrak ACS-64. Stay with acses and when leaving ny Penn heading into Jersey, use if I can recall correctly right now, atc, otherwise you'll be crawling thru the tunnel until your in Jersey restricted to about 20mph.