PlayStation Lirr Update Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by keithpritchett117, Feb 19, 2020.

?
  1. New M9 Train Cars

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Destination Signs on platforms and M7 Cars

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. keithpritchett117

keithpritchett117 New Member

The game is great and I give lots of thumbs up for those who are behind the development of the game. For the LIRR, could the routes be extended for a bigger map. I want to be able to discover more stations. Also, could the new M9 be added on with destination signs on that train, the M7, and the stations. I really believe they would enhance the game and make it better for us players

Attached Files:

2. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

LIRR needs some love, for sure. It has a ton of potential, but desperately needs additional services/branches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that we need a dual mode diesel locomotive Dlc for the future

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I know it's a month late to reply but I'm with yall for a LIRR update especially a new LOCO of the DE30AC and they could use the Hunterspoint Av and Long Island City stations at least to Mineola or Hicksville, since those two stations STILL A GHOSTOWN in that sim, but as I said before many times, DTG left LIRR for dead and doesnt care bout at least the LIRR fans, and since no talk or at least saying something bout LIRR DLC, its sought of proved my point...Peninsula Corridor receives more love and that DLC was released many months after LIRR DLC(released Nov 2018), so I gave up on waiting for another update...also not buying more dlcs from others either. The way i see it, we keep begging them for this update and they purposely ignoring us

• Like Like x 3
  5. mrchuck

We definitely need a locomotive soon for lirr hopefully it’ll be the next DLC’s after these DLC’s.

Attached Files:

6. mrchuck

and the Dual mode diesel locomotive has 78 votes so I think dovetail should release a lirr Locomotive soon.

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

LIRR is one of my favourite routes in TSW, and the M7 is such an awesome locomotive. I'd really like to see more love as well!

• Like Like x 1
  8. mrchuck

there’s one locomotive which I think needs to be added onto TSW in the near future that’s got 78 votes the Dual mode diesel locomotive and cab car coach’s if that were to be available they could extend the line from Mineola to oyster bay or Hicksville to Port Jefferson I hope that is in the works for the future.

Attached Files:

9. mrchuck

They’ve got to extend the line out to Babylon or Port Jefferson which I think the Port Jefferson Branch is very Scenic.

10. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

In my opinion, NEC is way better than LIRR in terms of landscape, landmarks (Hell Gate Bridge is beautiful), variety, etc. LIRR is too boring and soulless, with a lot of generic buildings, just 1 loco and no action at Sunnyside Yard. Unfortunately, NEC is the oldest route and has a lot of technical issues, first of all that ridiculous draw distance...

11. mrchuck

lirr needs a second locomotive like the M3 locomotive or the Dual mode diesel locomotive.

12. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I can understand the landscape part but I also agree with the "soulless" as well...u advertise it as a busiest 24/7 commute but yet looks dry...first off some tracks they use between Penn Station and Jamaica are horrible especially delaying some services....then no action from either AI amtrak/NJ Transit in Sunnsyside Yard or even more AI Lirr at Jamaica or Hillside Facility...and then a hour apart of certain branches which dont make sense including the boring ass Penn-Woodside train actions(if they wouldve extended that line at least to Great Neck I be fine)...and last but not least they advertise it to and from Ronkonkoma but it actually BRANCHES off to the Port Jefferson line
    -____-

13. mrchuck

Port Jefferson is the scenic Branch of the Long Island railroad.

14. mrchuck

they’ve got to include the dual mode diesel locomotives and add the Long Island railroad Port Jefferson Branch which is the scenic part of the the route because Long Island city and hunterspoint Avenue are already in the game. I think it would definitely add more scenarios and hopefully service to Hunterspoint Avenue.

Attached Files:

15. mrchuck

In my opinion a extension to Huntington would work because it’s only a 17 minute train ride from Hicksville to Huntington and I saw a screenshot of a train going in the Huntington direction.

Attached Files:

16. mrchuck

Hey in change at Jamaica I’m taking a Huntington train to Long Island city.

Attached Files:

17. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I agree more routes need to be added. I wouldn't mind them adding the south shore line (Babylon as it's main) with maybe far Rockaway as a branch (1 hour from penn station) as well as the oyster bay branch from moneola to showcase a DM30AC.

18. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

LIRR doesn't use Sunnyside. It uses West side and Hillside yards. There is one scenario that have you take a train from West side to Hillside but those yards look way too empty.

• Like Like x 1