Lirr Updates

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doyden, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Inspired by the recent LIRR challenge stream, I've just tried the route for the first time in a while.

The last time I used the route was on a PS4 in TSW 2020 and I had a lot of fun with it, completing lots of the services with the safety systems enabled. I probably became a little burned out with it which is why I haven't touched it in ages.

I'm now using a PS5 and trying it for the first time in TSW 2 and it's not as I remember it. There are now very obvious, distracting audio loops when accelerating or decelerating and seemingly little or no track noise. In addition, the ATC I'm sure isn't operating as it used to. I don't recall spending quite so long travelling at 15mph for no apparent reason.

I know from the roadmap streams that there was a recent update which among other changes included the PIS but are there are any plans for a further pass on this route as in it's current state it is nowhere near as enjoyable as it was before?

Are others still using LIRR and if so are you still activating the safety systems? Any hints or tips to use the route in it's current form would be appreciated until such time further fixes are implemented.