Lirr-wheres The Red Signal???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ixofxiii, Jun 4, 2020.

1. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

So I was running the 19:35 Ronkonkoma to Penn and was crusing along at 80mph and had just past a green signal then past Queens village, I had a yellow ahead of me. Started coasting to ready myself incase I needed to start braking. As I past that yellow, the next signal was green but my over speed alarm went off. I rolled into a 15mph signal speed zone just before Hollis (a first there) and started braking hard. Next thing I know there's a train in front of me. So I went BIE but alas, not enough room and BOOM! Collision.
    Now I'm pretty familiar with the line and never saw anything like that. Shouldn't the signal at the start of that block have been red instead of yellow and the one before that yellow and not green?

• Like Like x 2
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

I stopped playing the route because of this. I'll pass a yellow and it will say I ran a red and end the session, or I'd pull into a station and slam into another train.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. septafan

septafan Active Member

Was you running late? I didn’t see the 19:35 but ran the 18:35 services and the Hicksville train was behind me all the way from Jamaica to penn. I passed him just before Jamaica station. If you was later the AI train slipped in front of you and the signal wasn’t picking up the AI train.

4. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

This happened to me on this service aswell (but I managed to stop before the other train).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. septafan

septafan Active Member

Ok I found the service and I see the issue where you get green even with the train up front. But with ATC on the cab signal drops you to 15mph just before Hollis and you will avoid the collision.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I always have atc on. That thing just went off when I past the first approach aspect.
    But slowing down to 15 before I got to that approach is what i did the second time around. But you know, crusing along at 80 in the rain didn't help. What's worse? I was live streaming on YouTube when it happened!
    And unless I'm running a Hempstead train, I'm rarely late.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1