PC List Of Keyboard Shortcuts?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rogge, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Rogge

Rogge Member

Where can i find a list of all aviable keyboard shortcuts for the Talent?

In TS201X there was a manual for each loco in the Manuals folder but there seems to be none for TSW.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Realize that? In a dream, a psychic revelation? As we all know, each new iteration of TS2xxx, each new DLC we buy brings with it a users manual that appears in a specific folder within our Steam installation. Long ago, I set up a desktop icon that references this folder. The TSW manuals, on the other hand, can be found only at an obscure URL out there in cyberspace. There's a "Train Sim World" folder located in Steam > steamapps > common titled Train Sim World, so why not file the manuals there under each available language?

Let's hear it for the K-I-S-S rule!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rogge

Rogge Member

Thats what i am used to with TS2xxx and did suppose that TSW were designed to work, especially since both applications are made by DTG. I would really appreciate if the user guides for the core game and DLC´s were distributed in the same way for TSW .

Yes to KISS! ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle )

• Like Like x 1
  5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

As Philip suggested, you can always find a User Manual on the Steam store page. For TSW we're exploring a different method of accessing the User Manual, as we'll also need to consider those who play on a console such as the Xbox One. For this aim, we're looking at incorporating the manual into the software itself, which you can then access without ever leaving the comfort of the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

That's well and good, Steve, but why should it obviate simply placing a copy of each manual in an easily accessible, aptly named folder on the purchaser's computer as well? Let me just add, though, that allowing in-sim manual access also strikes me as a good idea, provided that consulting it automatically paused the current activity. In some TS scenarios, I've noticed a newspaper somewhere in the cab, so why not a booklet labeled "Driver's Manual" or (okay, this is a bit Monty-Python-ish) the manual could open when the driver/engineer enters the toilet or clicks on the roll of toilet paper.

7. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

A clickable, lore/world friendly user's manual would be a cool addition. The ability to click on a book/pamphlet placed somewhere in the cab without having to leave the engineer's seat, with all the necessary information to operate that piece if equipment would be both user friendly and quite helpful at times.

I am not keen on the idea of having it be anywhere near or inside the bathroom ...

8. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Well there are very good reasons why, you can't access the hard drive on an Xbox One in the same way as you can do on a PC and for the most part, reading a manual from the hard disk is not really the right solution to the problem.

Interesting thoughts on the use of the in-game manual though :)

9. goes2jack

goes2jack New Member

I don't understand the whole "Steam" thing. Why not post and keep everything in-house?

10. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I think I understand what you are asking and will try answer this for you.

Steam is free software used to purchase, catalog and manage the games acquired within the platform. For example, say you purchase TSW from Steam. You now have a digital license to access the game files and install them on your hard drive. Anything else, including instruction manuals, artwork, soundtracks etc. will also be installed and can be accessed within the main install directory (usually your (C:) drive).

Having Steam install and manage everything versus having to go through the developer of each game you own greatly reduces time spent on your part. If you become familiar with the platform you will already know where to go should you need to access the files for say, the operating manual for a locomotive.

Hope that cleared it up for ya bud.

11. jumpjet

jumpjet Active Member

I looked everywhere, but this is the only Manuel I could find ................. :D ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. LastTrainToClarksville

Okay, I'll sympathize with the X-Box folks, but why should those of us who play on computers not have manuals available as they are for TS? As I understand it, X-Box users also play TS, but computer players do receive DLC manuals on their computers. What's the difference?
    Absolutely classic British humor! And it does indeed parallel a lot of the "discussions" that go on here -- and on every other TS-TSW forum. Thanks for "Holding the mirror up to nature".

13. Raymond J

Raymond J New Member

Having transported railroad personnel to and from their trains on the Orrin Line in Wyoming (coal trains that load from the open pit mines between Douglas, WY and Gillette, WY), I can tell you from getting to know them and asking questions that it is FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) rules that engineers and conductors carry with them operating manuals in some form, be it book form or electronic.

Whether those manuals are read in the bathroom or not, I can't say. ;-)

14. LastTrainToClarksville

Well, in the bathroom -- maybe not only for reading.