Liveries & Different Timeperiods

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by meridian#2659, Sep 22, 2021.

1. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

First i was up to create a thread in the suggestion section, but i think a discussion points it better out:

Actually we have different liveries for our rolling stock, some of them come with the dlc packs, others are self created.
    Right now the livery, which is gonna be choosen in the timetablemode is random.

So lets say i own the uk teesvalley line with the railfreight cl20 & a self made br blue livery. No matter this will match the time period of 1989 always.

But from the point dtg releases the steam locomotives with classic routes like the "teesdale network for ts2021 (timeperiod british rail in th 60s)", a cl20 railfreight livery would just look wrong.

So how you people think about this? In my opinion they should add the option to select the liveries for a specific route. This way we could manage to select just the liveries, which match the time period of the route.

Screenshot_20210922-191741_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Quite rightly, I often point out to myself. At a minimum, a button to make them 'active' or 'inactive'.
    I'm on PC, and personally, I back up my file UGCLiveries_0.sav, and then delete the delivered ones I don't want. After that, I put my file back UGCLiveries_0.sav. It's not very friendly.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

There is a "wishlist" for the scenarioplanner 2.0 in the creation center. I put this topic there to point out for a option menu in each route, where we could select & unselect the liveries.

Im sure this topic gets attention when we have the first steam locomotive routes released and people get annoyed by the modern skins randomly choosen by tsw in the timetable runs.

There must be an easy way inside tsw without doing it on the desktop livery manager or uninstall the livery.

• Like Like x 1