Livery Designer Consist Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ant Craft, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Today, with the release of the MP36 livery designer functionality, the MP36. bilevel coach bilevel cab are all separate from each other. While, and I can only assume, this is due to them not being a fixed consist, I think this is a huge drawback to us fellow livery designers, as it makes the job of creating a nice looking consist way, way harder. And on top of that, any complex logos, as well as colour choices, also need to be redone/repicked for each rail vehicle, which is very bad for trains with complex logos.

This is why I propose a way to be able to repaint them together. There is multiple avenues DTG could pick, such as having 1 MP36, 1 coach and 1 cab in the consist, but they are all available separately outside the editor, or have the ability to form a consist (a long requested feature in general for the scenario planner iirc), and then be able to pain the whole consist, as you typically would for other trains. While that is only 2 examples, there are also other routes too I can think of. And also, I think it is worth mentioning, that if something like this was added, I think it would be beneficial to still have the option to paint them individually, but not having the option to repaint them together is severely going to hinder people's creation of liveries on the MP36 and bilevels. Remember to upvote this comment if you agree, and also feel free to comment your opinions about it below.

• Like Like x 3
  2. flystentz

flystentz Member

Just made a post about almost the same thing, before i saw this one.

I have a problem with the diesel legends pack, where i need to paint 3 or 4 different wagons seperated, so my roof paint, stribes and so on dont align.

Also only the locomotive can select a paintjob in the timetable mode, wich is to bad.

3. Ant Craft

Ant Craft Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is a bit frustrating. And the fact you can only change the loco livery sounds like a bug to me. Hopefully it gets fixed.