Livery Designer Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Sep 6, 2021.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Today i decided I will make a list of features that should come to the livery designer.

Number Plates:
    Number plates have always been an issue in the livery designer, some players like me like having the numbers on the plates. I personally like it because I don’t want to have two trains with the same number. On the other hand, some players prefer to be able to paint over the number plate and add their own numbers. I think a solution to this would be to have a setting that you can toggle on and off for each locomotive that will turn on/off random numbers.

Livery Designer Appearance on AI trains:
    Another feature that should be added is to toggle on and off ai trains having a specific livery while driving. This is good if you don’t want to see liveries that are either a test, or are unfinished. Another feature would be to set the frequency of your livery appearing. This would be good is you are making a heritage unit, and you don’t want too many of them appearing.

The Ability to Choose Every Rolling Stock Livery For your Train in Timetable mode:
    In the scenario planner, you can choose the livery for every piece of rolling stock in your train. This should also be an option in timetable mode. It would especially be helpful if you are driving a loco hauled passenger train and the liveries and locomotives differentiate.

I decided to add one more idea I forgot:
    Differentiate liveries from train car formations
    This is a well known problem on Long Island Railroad as you cant select your liveries in timetable mode because choosing car formations overrides that. To solve this, these should be separate functions

thats all my ideas for now, I might add some more later, feel free to add your ideas in the comments

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

YES. This should be one of the key elements in a new livery designer. I like seeing my custom liveries on locos, but I don't want that custom livery to take over a whole route and be on every locomotive- I want to see the base liveries, too.

3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Love the ideas, a must have for the game

4. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I like all of these ideas. I also want to see more functionality with livery designer itself to make creating easier and efficient

5. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

The Ability to Copy a Livery from one loco to another loco

• Like Like x 1
  6. rodgers.jayshawn4848

rodgers.jayshawn4848 Active Member

Ay boe, they do that, and I’ll be glad to make a CSX ACe, no cap lol