Livery Designer: Your Best Work

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bdlhouston#8691, Jul 16, 2024.

1. bdlhouston#8691

bdlhouston#8691 Well-Known Member

Just a thread to share some of your best liveries that you've created in tsw, or some of your favourites from creator club.

I'll start by sharing my ex-SPT carmine and cream class 314 livery, which I have in fact done 2 variants of. (Weathered and unweathered.)
    Seen below.
    6b1c3432-9d66-44bb-8025-d0837de53944 (1).png
    d19ddb60-aead-47f1-8797-5a03c8123289.png

• Like Like x 8
  2. MP600

MP600 Well-Known Member

I would put forward my series of RP liveried Class 66 engines.

I came up with this world in my head where RP acquired a batch of Class 66 engines in an attempt to expand into the UK market, and made a few different versions as they evolved. These new 66s were categorised under the new subtype 66/8, due to featuring all the benefits of other recent 66 locomotives as well as the option European safety systems for international running across the continent. While the diesel Vectrons solved the issue of non-electrified routes in Europe only, these units were intended to be able to run everywhere, on both sides of the channel and on all lines and loading gauges.

66801 was the first experimental locomotive they received. Unlike the others which were built to the /8 specification, 66801 was in fact purchased from a UK operator and modified into that state. For that reason its external livery still retains several details from the EWS paintwork.

66802 was built new to match 801, the addition of a yellow and black warning pattern below the buffers much like the EWS Euro Cargo livery. It also featured an expansion to the orange pinstripe in that matching orange lines also now outlined the cab windows. It was primarily a refinement of 801's modifications with the European features more streamlined, setting a more solid baseline for the following orders. It was one of two new locos ordered together, bringing the 66/8 fleet up to three members for initial testing.

66803 was practically a twin of 66802, with the only difference being that the orange pinstripe was changed to match the blue of the livery's 'Flexibility For Rent' strip.

66804 was the first of the second batch of 66/8s and to celebrate the achievement, RP put it in a subtle celebratory livery. The blue pinstripe along the top was swapped out for a new double pinstripe, featured an additional blue pinstripe along the bottom of the main body, and the engine also featured commemorative boards on the sides to mark the class being certified for running through the channel tunnel and throughout the UK.

66805 is the final one I have made and represents the rest of the second batch of the 66/8. Its features are identical to 66804, minus the commemorative boards.

I will get around to posting these on the Creator's Club eventually, once I get around to taking suitable images of them. For now though, enjoy some of the images I have taken so far. It also features extra RP logos on the front ends.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 8
  3. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I am torn on mine because going by subscriptions it would be my Northern Pacer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However based on my personal preference it would have to be this express blue A3, which although not totally accurate with the smoke deflectors is a livery I love in real life, and really enjoyed making. Turned out very nicely too:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. thomashill03

thomashill03 Member

Probably this one. Custom Logo took ages

6e12f6ca-f8c5-464c-be3d-6b46d9cfd4b8.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. bdlhouston#8691

That logo is spot on, I made a virgin trains class 390 livery on the 801 but the logo in mine wasn't quite right

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Hate that livery IRL but you did a good job of replicating it! Well done! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

For my entry, I would like to put forward a reskin made in February, my most popular livery release on Creators Club in 2024... A depiction of 66789 in its GBRf/BR Large Logo Blue livery.

[​IMG]

A bit of context:

For those that do not know, over in the Creators Club subforum I have a Creators Club Roadmap which I stick to on a monthly basis and this one was one of the first releases in February of this year so I made it around a week or so prior to release and this is the end product. This livery is by far my favourite because I got the colours absolutely spot-on and just look at it... doesn't look stunning?

What do I think of the others in this thread then?

I think it is fair to give my opinions of other people's work. (It will be positive, don't worry...)

First off, that looks fantastic, it looks right at home in a scenario set between 2015 and 2019 on Cathcart Circle, I know you like to include your own liveries in your scenarios and it would be nice to have these in a Cathcart scenario if it fits the era of course :).

Onto these ones now... this fictional reskin looks really nice and the Railpool livery suits the Class 66s quite nicely, I like how you have included a 'mini-fleet' of them as it is an uncommon occurrence in a Creators Club sense to have a fleet of the same locos in the same or similar liveries together. Good work!

Interesting there Matt... The Northern Pacer with the weathering looks very realistic, so I can understand why the community enjoy it so much :cool:. The steamer though... that is something else mate, good work on that and glad to hear you enjoyed making this one as it means you must have put the effort into getting this one right.

A forgotten livery that the IET wore in the late 2010s (thanks to LNER taking over VTEC in 2018), that Virgin logo is 100% accurate so well done on that front :). How did you make it (shapes etc.) and how long roughly did it take to make the logo. On a separate note, I have subscribed to a couple of your liveries myself (ScotRail and Northern (Abellio/Serco) 158s) for use in scenarios and they are really detailed, just absolutely fantastic to see that the community can put effort into liveries as it means it is as close as possible to the real loco/unit it is based off.

Just like I have shared mine, is there any opinions of or questions about my livery at all? If there are, I will respond to them to the best of my ability either here or in my dedicated Creators Club thread over on the respective subforum depending on the type of question asked :).

• Like Like x 8
  8. TSW Nathan

Northern one is brilliant mate! I grabbed that myself! Use it all the time! Very nice work!

• Like Like x 2
  9. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

My WORD, you guys are skilled!

• Like Like x 2
  10. TSW Nathan

I haven't posted mine lol. I just got a new phone and it keeps crashing everytime I try to upload a photo. Idk why. Will try and find a way later tho. :)
    But aye. These aren't even the best on CC. These are good but there are some bloody amazing ones out there

• Like Like x 1
  11. bdlhouston#8691

This livery will be made pretty much pointless as of Thursday, but I might as well add it anyway, as its one I'm proud of.

It's my scotrail saltire class 158, which I originally made a while after it released. But with the release of tsw4 and the increased layer count, I was able to update it and make it look much better than before

It's served my scenarios and screenshots well, but an actual scotrail 158 will br a lot better to have

2b2a6d84-68f7-4015-8dd2-912be917b4ac.png
    ce95ab74-8f9e-4093-b1b0-415d3dbc603f (2).png

• Like Like x 6
  12. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The ALP46 4640 in a special livery for the commemoration of 40 years of rail operations, it was an easy job overall except for the special sticker which was quite hard work:
    IMG_1417.jpeg IMG_1419.jpeg

Then the Class 142 in both Northern and Arriva liveries:
    IMG_8333.jpeg IMG_8334.jpeg IMG_1685.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  13. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

And the TGV D in both defunct IZY and Thalys liveries:
    IMG_1686.jpeg IMG_1687.jpeg

I personally think they are the best I’ve made at the moment.

• Like Like x 5
  14. TSW Nathan

I think I'm subbed to that one! It's really good! Well done! :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Schmalf

Schmalf Well-Known Member

Don't really have a favourite but this one was fun to figure out how to do- 08237842-58d0-4292-a14c-dc3136f89354.jpeg.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. MP600

MP600 Well-Known Member

You know, I actually really like how well you put that one together. In fact I like it so much, it turns out that I already downloaded it weeks ago. And upon looking into my screenshots, as it turns out I took this one recently. So have a railtour, with a double dose of Large Logo.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for your kind words, I did put a lot of work into them. Especially building the Railpool logo out of individual shapes to get the right font, I think that almost took me all day considering I actually hadn't done all that much Livery Designer work before.

• Like Like x 7
  17. TrainGeek08

That screenshot looks fantastic, and likewise thanks for the kind words too :), it only took me just under an hour to make for a livery which I thought it would take longer to complete. So glad the community have enjoyed it.

Yeah, making logos out of shapes is tricky, trust me I know having done it recently with my FLIXTRAIN Vectron reskin, so it can be time-consuming at times. For a project which took all day, you have done a good job that's for sure :).

• Like Like x 2
  18. MP600

MP600 Well-Known Member

I believe ironically I also have your Flixtrain livery too. Eventually I'm just going to have to check in on your creator's club thread and share the screenshots I've taken with your liveries in them.

The development of that 66 started late last year as I had a bit of a Railpool fixation going on, hence I spent so long on the logo. I built the first version at that time, which went on to become 66802. A couple of months later in January I revisited the livery and did some final touches which brought it to the one you see in the pictures. From that I then came up with a few modifications and rather than changing the original, I copied it and made them separately, creating 66801, 3 and 4. 66805 came a couple months after that when I was finally starting to contemplate posting them all for download.

Once I've finally uploaded them all, maybe I'll do the same sort of thing again with a different brand and loco. We shall see...

• Like Like x 2
  19. TrainGeek08

Oh nice, can't wait to see those! I appreciate that you have downloaded my content and are enjoying it :).

That is fair as some logos are harder than others to make using shapes instead of generic text so it makes sense that you took some time to make the livery onto those 66s.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FreddieTheShepherd

FreddieTheShepherd Well-Known Member

I have also some liveries I like very much:

1. The BR 218 in an fictional Spyro the dragon-livery. It has more than 800 layers and I really like Spyro and his cuteness (actually, I´m Spyro-addicted) IMG_2024.07.08-17.40.48.jpg IMG_2024.07.08-18.19.46.jpg
    2. Also, the multiple Talent 1 liveries, they add so much color into the Austrian routes - these below are only two from Semmeringbahn, I made 7 until now IMG_2024.06.14-16.37.27.jpg 3. The GWE HST in EMT livery. As I don´t own MML currently, I decided to repaint the GWE HST into an EMT one. I really like the real livery because it´s so lively I think, so I had to have one, too. IMG_2024.07.17-16.21.05.jpg
    4. And also, some other liveries that I like: The BR 185.2 in the Austrian/Bavarian-flag livery and the Furry Express-Vectron:)
    (the third one is a standard Railpool-Vectron) IMG_2024.07.15-16.46.36.jpg
    I have made a whole thread about some of my liveries: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/freddie´s-livery-creation-thread.82640/

• Like Like x 6
  21. matt#4801

I really am rather frustrated as I am on the holiday park internet so am only getting glimpses of the shots of liveries, the ones that are loading are lovely though so I'd expect all others are just as nice too. Some really lovely work on here!

I must say that it is the best weathering job I have done, I think my timing of it's publishing also helped really boost the subscriptions. Thanks mate, as I say the kettle is my personal favourite and I did really put a lot into that one and very pleased with how it came out!

Thanks mate, glad you enjoy and get plenty of use out of it!

• Like Like x 4
  22. BleenTrean

BleenTrean Member

A theoretical Dispolok Livery for the Riesa-Dresden 185.5.
    [​IMG]
    Flying Banana Hst on Blackpool Branches.
    [​IMG]
    And finally an LNER HST stopping along the ECML :)
    [​IMG]
    I'm also currently working on an Avanti 805 using the 801/1. Would be even better if we could apply or mix liveries using the formation designer tho :/

Might consider uploading these to Creator's Club later. but idk if I wanna accidentally steal anyone's thunder after they worked hard on their own liveries lmao.

Some of these might look a bit goofy due to the unfortunate rendering that is the PS4 system.

Reposted cuz the images weren't loading :/

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  23. TrainGeek08

No worries mate, it does look stunning it must be said. The liveries on here are really good but the Internet connection at holiday parks typically isn't the best to be honest :(.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Concorde9289

Concorde9289 Active Member

This livery is on a 73 stock in reality, but I think it turned out quite well.
    upload_2024-7-24_12-3-39.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  25. matt#4801

Have just got back home, and can confirm my suspicion that these liveries are lovely. Very nice work from all on this thread!

• Like Like x 3