Lms 5xp Jubilee Class Steam Loco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michael hooley, Oct 30, 2019.

1. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

I have just bought LMS 5XP Jubilee Class Steam Loco after 2 hours trying I cannot get the reverser to stay in forward position, it keeps returning to zero, I have tried all combinations of the W/S and E keys. please can you help?.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't have the loco but I just checked the manual and it say the letter E on the keyboard is a Reverser Lock (page 9)
    It does not explain the working but I think you use the W to go in to FWD then E to lock in position

Peter

3. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Thanks Peter, I have tried that but it does not work. I have advanced a bit further by by disabling the reverser lock, this has got the loco moving, the reverser seem to work then even though the indicator returns to zero.
    Mike

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was reading the Manual for the GWR Railmotor and it said to hold the E Key and move the Reverser with the mouse.
    Glad you got the loco moving - too technical for me these steam thingys - give me an Electric loco any day :)

Peter

5. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

I have just realised this refers to the Bossman Games Jubilee and not the simpler Railsimulator.com one.

The answer is simple - read the description on the sales page and the manual! It is not designed to be driven using the "HUD" controls. However it can be if you tolerate one small difference in operation to normal.

The reverser lever on the F4 controls reverts to central position with each nudge of the reverser. There is no indication of setting but you need to nudge it upwards (and let it centre) about ten times to pull away for a stand. Then gradually unwind it by the same means (but downwards) as you progress.

You can also disengage the reverser lock. This is again in the manual. Clicking the mouse on the headlamp icon in the F4 controls adjusts the difficulty level. Click five times for the easiest level and the reverser lock is disengaged.