Train Sim World 3 Lnr - Marston Vale Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TeumessianFox, Jan 16, 2023.

1. TeumessianFox

TeumessianFox Member

I'd love to see the Marston Vale Line reproduced in TSW3; it was available for many years on UKTrainSim and I believe also in Dovetail's own TS2018?
    The trains operate between Bedford and Bletchley at hourly intervals and the journey along the whole length of the 16 mile line takes 44 minutes. A lot of stations have changed since I was a kid in the 70s (back then the traffic gates were huge wooden things and the signals were operated manually by the station master from an outside platform) but, even today it's still a wonderful route through some lovely countryside.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Since you are new, I wanted to say that there should be more in the suggestion. It is a good start but more info such as on rolling stock could be included. Here's more info from a wikipedia article.

It is a rural, scenic route with a line speed of 60mph

The rolling stock that could be included depends on the era the route is set.
    Class 117s and 121s were used between 1996 to 2007 when silverlink used to operate the line.
    The 150/1 replaced those dmus which were operated by Central Trains.
    London Midland took over in 2007 until 2017 where they used both 150s and 153s and now West Midlands Trains operates the line.

The rolling stock currently used is the class 230 which are demus. There are hourly services in each direction from Monday to Saturday.

There are also plans to further develop the line. One of them is to bring back the original oxford-cambridge line which was known as the varsity line with upgrades mentioned for East West Rail. Another plan is to extend to milton keynes central.

Below is the route map of the marston vale line.

upload_2023-1-16_19-36-11.png

3. TeumessianFox

TeumessianFox Member

Thanks for that, appreciate your input.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Set it in the 70's with rattley run down Class 105 Cravens units and Class 25's on the trip freight workings and you would get a Day 1 purchase from me.

5. TeumessianFox

TeumessianFox Member

That'd be a blast down memory lane! However, whilst playing I'd have to find an old full ashtray to put next to me on the table and stick some chewing gum to my shoe, just to re-live the experience of my childhood journeys from Lidlington to Bedford St.Johns ;)

6. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

I believe the Marston Vale line is currently a bus replacement service following the collapse of Vivarail who supplied the Class 230's.

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Ouch.

Bring back the Cravens!

• Like Like x 1