Locating Scenario Marker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tuxcatazuma, Aug 20, 2022.

1. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Hi All,

I'm trying to edit a scenario, but I can't find the scenario marker to click on, so that I bring up the scenario settings. How can I find the scenario marker, without manually hunting all over the map?

Thanks
    Mark

2. Load the scenario, ctrl e to go into editor then click on scenario tools and you should be right ontop of the marker.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

That's great until you've had someone create 10 scenarios all starting at default location and you spawn in front of all 10 melded together. :D:D

4. I think when you go into scenario tools the marker for that scenario is highlighted.

5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Yes, load the scenario from Build>Scenario menu, then press F6 to have the names displayed above the markers and drag yours to a different position.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Thanks for all the replies. So If I go to edit the scenario (either via Ctrl + e and scenario tools, or via the build menu > scenario) I end up as per the screenshot. I don't see any scenario marker (also tried pressing F6), so when I lose the scenario settings window (on the right-hand side of the screenshot). I don't know how to get them back. Interestingly and not sure if it makes any difference, but when I start the scenario, I'm at a station on the route, so a completely different spawn location.

Attached Files:

7. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

The scenario marker is where the game loads the scenario, but if there is a player train, it will teleport there.
    There are many workshop scenarios where the author created a template of sorts, cloned it, so when the scenario loads, the train appears to float until assets gradually load in.

I have accepted that the scenario marker is virtually impossible to find, I also edit everything I want when I load the editor.
    If I lose it, time for an editor reload.

• Helpful Helpful x 1