Loco Suggestion: Thameslink Class 700 For Southeastern On Tsw 3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by karan#5946, Aug 29, 2022.

1. karan#5946

karan#5946 Well-Known Member

So hello everyone today we are suggesting the Thameslink Class 700 for Southeastern in TSW 3
    So let’s start the thread!

The British Rail Class 700 Desiro City is an electric multiple-unit passenger train capable of operating on 25 kV 50 Hz AC from overhead wires or 750 V DC from third rail. 115 trainsets were built between 2014 and 2018, for use on the Thameslink network, as part of the Thameslink Programme in the United Kingdom.

Train length: 700/0: 162.0 m (531 ft 6 in); 700/1: 242.6 m (795 ft 11 in)

Car length: 20.2 m (66 ft 3 in)

Capacity: : 700/0: 427 seats (52F, 373S); plus 719 standees; 700/1: 666 seats (52F,

So let’s see the max speed of this Train
    So it goes up to 100 Mph (160 km/h)
    It is faster than the class 465 in the game but the class 375 goes the same speed as the class 700 but the Class 395 is 40 more mph faster than the 375 and 700 going up to 140 mph (225.31 km/h)

The class 395 is the fastest on southeastern at the moment.

So the class 700 on this line Can be driven from Dartford to Rainham
    It can be Driven further than Dartford in real life to Do a shift to Luton.
    So if this ever gets included it would be Quite fast.
    So it would call at Stone crossing’ Greenhithe’ Swanscombe’ Northfleet’ Gravesend’ Higham’ Strood’ Rochester’ Chatham’ Gillingham and Rainham.
    It would be good if they add this Loco into the game.
    Reply your thoughts to this suggestion
    Thank you for reading this!
    Have a nice day!
    There are pictures attached to the Suggestion showing what everything looks like!
    Including the Map for Thameslink from Dartford to Rainham!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 17
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

From what I gather the Thameslink services have been left out in the new SEHS timetable which hopefully gives a greater chance for a 700 to be included. I genuinely don't mind the 700s so would welcome it with open arms to TSW3

• Like Like x 5
  3. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

I think they teased the 700 Without actually teasing it, It gave off a few hints where you could tell that there will be 700 coming to TSW 3 soon

• Like Like x 2
  4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Class 700 could be used on London Commuter too, between East Croydon and Brighton.

• Like Like x 8
  5. The class 700 is coming with the London blackfriars extension (fingers crossed)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

This would be a very welcome addition to South Eastern High Speed and London Commuter

• Like Like x 3
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From where?

8. If you mean whereabouts on the map, Rainham of course.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ARuscoe

Not necessarily "of course"...

There are four current Thameslink routes south of the river
    1. Brighton
    2. Rainham
    3. Wimbledon loop
    4. Orpington
    With an upcoming extension to Maidstone and maybe Ashford
    Extending BML to Blackfriars via the South London line would be a popular route, as would the North Kent Lines from Rainham via Dartford (though to my mind they'd need to do a whole network route including all three NKL via Abbey Wood, Sidcup and Bexleyheath with the whole Lewisham complex as well)

I'm sure people would also be happy with either of the Wimbledon loop (saw a suggestion last week) or Orpington (not seen a suggestion, but would add in the line via Elephant and Castle) and of course the Orpington branch would possibly kick off development of a CML add on

10. All the other options would be welcome. But I think it's about time dtg go into London via dartford, it's a very busy route with lots of traffic. I don't know why they've been so scared of it all these years we have had tsw and tsc.

11. ARuscoe

Well, it's not just "one route" so maybe that had something to do with it
    At the Dartford end there's three main routes, and at the other end there's four or five depending on how you look at it

12. They only need to pick one. Thameslink only uses one as far as I'm aware. Ideally they could use the Thameslink route and maybe add others depending on how popular the route becomes.

13. ARuscoe

That would be 17 miles via Abbey Wood and Greenwich
    The other lines would add about 25 miles total and would mainly be class 465 and 376 units out of Slade Green which would add about 600 services a day

14. If they went as far as St Pancras that's nearly a 2 hour drive. Or you could drive 376's from Gravesend as far as London Bridge an the 465's. If dtg got really adventurous they could also go to victoria.

15. ARuscoe

I'd prefer them to do the three NKL routes personally. Add in Charing X and Cannon Street (both minor extensions in reality other than scenery) and this would populate London Bridge (along with the Southern 377s for the terminating side of the station)

16. That would be good, I was just thinking about dtg's time spent modelling another 2 large stations. St Pancras is already done so is victoria. I would imagine the platforms and items on your standard kind of stations is already 90% available. Whereas charing x and cannon St are kinda unique.

17. ARuscoe

It's not just STP and VIC though.
    The Thameslink portion of STP is nothing like the above ground portion, essentially being a concrete box and even has a different kind of OHLE and signalling to the rest of the Thameslink route. The one good thing would be the first proper abandoned station in game (Kings X Thameslink)

To get from Rainham to Victoria you would either need the CML from Rochester to Victoria via Swanley (almost 30 miles, 20 stations) or via the NKL to Lewisham (not on the Thameslink route which bears off to the North just West of Charlton) then to Victoria that way (about same distance, even MORE stations)

So in reality not much of going into London in any direction is going to be easy for DTG to do.

18. It's not going to be easy, cml would be the easier option but it just isn't no where near as good as the nk lines.

All this is just wishful thinking anyway. Dtg have shown there's no limits to route length as far as unreal is concerned. But they are still unlikely to make long complex routes due to the accounting department. And as for extensions the updated sehs was a complete rework of the route not just an extension. And as matt said probably a one off thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2022
  19. ARuscoe

Not really sure on that

For DTG to do the CMLM would mean making Rochester to Victoria, as well as the lines around Orpington / St Mary Cray as a load of commuter traffic comes in that way, then something up to Chiselhurst and the Catford loop, the BML loop down to Clapham Junction, maybe the stabling lines just south of Victoria (where they park up the pullman services)

No matter which way you go in South London there's a lot of railway and a lot of services.

20. Looking at current dlc's I doubt dtg would deviate from the cml at all. Orpington, Chislehurst etc wouldn't exist.

21. ARuscoe

Several lines branch off the BML - Hove is on the map and there's a portal soon after
    DTG are including "loop trains" on the SEHS (I think they already do in the TSW2 version at Ebbsfleet and Faversham)

They do have some form of allowing for branch lines and trains coming from them

And it wouldn't make sense to model 20 odd stations where the trains on route only stop at a few of them (trains from Rochester or past tend to run semi fast with I think only one per cycle that stops more than that)

22. Hove isn't there. It's just tracks with no scenery, many other places that are on the map don't exist. This is the way dtg have always been. It's on the map but there's either nothing there or a half finished station. All they are is just portals for trains to come and go from.

Then there's loads of places that do exist but you can't actually drive there or access them thru the scenario planner.

And the semi fast don't even call at all the stations after Swanley. But I would be rather peeved if they done cml but didn't model the stations the trains don't stop at.

23. ARuscoe

That's what I meant with regards to services. I don't expect DTG to model the stations TO Orpington, but the services from that branch would be depicted I would imagine

If they're on the mainline and there are services which COULD be implemented (such as the aforementioned Orpington services which you would take over from Swanley and do an all stopper to VIC) then they should be

No, but there are slower ones from Gillingham (and there used to be runs from Rochester which were a lot more stops)

24. All services on a route should be present yeah, not always the case with tsw though.

I don't do any weekday travel anymore, so the only services I ever see at the weekends are the usual fast and semi fast to victoria. I've seen cannon St services recently also.

25. ARuscoe

This is "annoying" especially when they're the "not normal" ones like freight...

Yeah, there's a lot more variation since London Bridge upgrade is complete. Cannon Street used to be closed on weekends but I think it's open on Saturdays now...

26. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I'd love a Thameslink DLC!

27. oliverwest523

oliverwest523 New Member

I would love Class 707 with along side Class 700 for London-Brighton with SWT unbranded and Southeastern Livery for AI Clapham Junction and South Eastern Route

Since London-Brighton Mainline timetable is set in 2018-2019

28. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

imo it would be better if ECML south (london kings x to peterborough) was created including the class 700 and LNER Class 800 as the 'main' trains of that route. And the Class 700 could layer onto southeastern extended and brighton mainline.

• Like Like x 2
  29. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

The cherry on top would be having a 91 as well!

• Like Like x 2
  30. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea but if DTG makes the go-ahead for the community Rush Hour train pack suggestion you get a Class 700 BML ICE-T Dresden NEC Boston Acela Express. Therefore BML gives Class 700 to SEHS.
    This needs to be the Armstrong Powerhouse Class 700 recordings if DTG has not learnt from their TSC Class 700 mistakes which were Class 444 DC Class 395 AC sounds for Class 700

• Like Like x 3
  31. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Its coming but not to LBN. Data and memory issues Im afraid!

32. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

you did have to do that didn't you?

33. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

This makes zero sense. How could DTG have got AP sounds while making the TSC 700...
    when they didn't exist?

34. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

You could make the arguement DTG could have went to AP and asked for the sounds to be produced. That is "sort of" (It was technically a preexisting thing) what happened with the TSC huddersfield line with the 158 sounds.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are spot on and that way DTG method of using 395 700AC 444 DC 750v DC Third Rail Top Contact sounds is prevented

36. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

According to a leak TSW Nathan mentioned it was found in the Epic Games thing.

37. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

Don't everyone agree with me The class 700 Would like to take to More than 7 stop Let's go for the whole Chatham mainline Where we can stretch its legs I think that will be better What does everyone else think If you can Put a comment below

38. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

It's not the Chatham Mainline that class 700 operates on, it's the North Kent line.

• Like Like x 1
  39. ARuscoe

The 700s only operate in two places on the CML, between Rochester bridge and Rainham, and Shortlands to Bickley

South London to Brighton, The Blackfriars to Orpington route via Elephant and Castle or North Kent lines from London Bridge are where they run south of the river