Loco Suggestion: The Ge Silverliner Iv Emu

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Nicholette Casey, Jun 16, 2018.

?
  1. Yes!

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Indifferent/No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nicholette Casey

Nicholette Casey New Member

So since the release of the Arrow III EMU, many people have been expressing interest in a Silverliner IV variant of that EMU especially on the simulation group I mod on Facebook. The Arrow III & Silverliner IV share a common boxy, ribbed steel body shell, but they are spec'd differently.
    I know there is 3rd-party-made SEPTA reskins for the Arrow III but for some reason, it just doesn't feel right to me. The GE Silverliner IVs have no center doors, just strictly end doors with provision cap for center doors. A larger roof hump to accommodate dynamic braking, retained factory-installed DC Motors that allow for 90 MPH operation, a Stone Faiveley AMBR Pantograph instead of Brucknell-Willis seen on the Arrows. One less rear-marker light. Numbers on the left side of the front end instead of right. Lastly, two smaller air scoops on the top corners of the front of EMU instead of one larger one over the center headlights. If the Arrow III was made, it really shouldn't be hard to do a Silverliner IV using the same base shell. I just would like to see a proper Silverliner IV for the game.
    One more thing I like to point out as well, the Arrow IIIs and Silverliner IVs both have double ended "single" cars which can make up odd-numbered consist. Although, I understand door controls might make something like this challenging so I don't want to advocate for their creation if they're too difficult to make.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comparison between the Silverliner IV & Arrow III
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2