Locomotive Suggestion P42

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MinermanJon, Oct 30, 2019.

1. MinermanJon

MinermanJon New Member

long time listener, first time caller.

While we do indeed have a P42DC for Train Simulator, I think it would be very cool to have a newer P42 developed with some of the cooler technology that Searchlight Simulations has implemented over the past few years. I’m not knocking on the DTG or GTRAX P42s, I just feel they’re dated and we could totally use something newer!

• Like Like x 9
  2. treid09

treid09 Guest

I agree. DTG has done some fantastic stuff, and if they could work with Searchlight, that would be incredible. I can hear the layered horn audio now....

• Like Like x 2
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would like to have an older P42, or the P40, in Phase 3 paint. One of the 1st Amtrak locos I've seen on Greg Scholl's America By Rail Series. Also both locomotives had slightly different PHIII paint schemes on them.

P40
    [​IMG]

P42
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. treid09

treid09 Guest

Agree with you on the Ph 3 paint. I've always thought it suited the Genesis body the best.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I certainly agree with you. The current P42 (and P32 for that matter) have off-looking models. The proportions seem off and the sounds are also not too great. Such a popular and well known locomotive definitely deserves some love!

• Like Like x 2
  6. MinermanJon

MinermanJon New Member

Absolutely agree!!! PHIII is the Amtrak I grew up with and remember!! My first trip on Amtrak was on the Texas Eagle pulled by 3 shiny new P40s. Wouldn’t hurt to see some accurate MHCs as well. Paint job on the ones we have is less than..... adequate.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yes, I have been looking very hard for a P40 Phase III faded stripe repaint for the P42 pack I purchased hoping one would be available but not having any luck at all outside of finding them for MSTS and Trainz. This would be a very welcome addition to my Train Simulator library I am slowly building. A repaint for the now defunct Amtrak Coast Starlight Parlour Cars in late paint schemes would be icing on the cake!

8. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_Raton Pass_37.03611--104.50867_12-47-45.jpg
    There are Phase III reskins for the RSC P42DC, they are located here: https://thelocoshop.wixsite.com/thelocoshop/tls-subscriber-uploads

• Like Like x 2
  9. SWEET!!! Thank you very much Blacknred81! Just installed them.

10. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2