PC Locos Not Configured At Mission Start.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by neville_bowen, Jun 29, 2020.

1. neville_bowen

neville_bowen New Member

Good day. I am new to this game and I know nothing about trains. Here's my issue. I am playing the FULLY FUELED mission in the CSX heavy haul section. I attach the two locomotives to the rear of the train and take the long run to the front. I get into the cab and set the brakes, reverser, lights, horn and throttle up. The train does not respond at all. I watch a YouTube video of the mission and do exactly what the guy does but my train does not move. To get it to move I have to fiddle with some of the switches in the cab. ENGINE RUN, FIELD GENERATOR, CONTROL AND FUEL PUMP were all in the off position and I had to toggle them myself. CUT OFF VALVE was in the cut out position etc. When I watched the video, the player did not have to touch any of those switches, they seemed to already be in the correct positions and his train operated as normal. Even after setting those switches and finally getting the train to move it doesn't go above 20 mph even at full throttle on level ground. That leads me to believe that there are incorrect settings in the trailing locomotives as well. But why are my trains not already configured when it seems to be so for other players? I watched several videos of the same mission and every YouTube player just jumps in and takes off. Is there a realism setting or something I missed? Please help.

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the sections of the TSW & CSX users' manual that deal with setting up various engines for multiple unit working? This is a complex process and, unfortunately, individual activities sometimes fail to include specific instructions that walk you through it. Yes, I also think that thorough, step-by-step instructions should be provided, but there are also "simmers" who fancy themselves experts* and find such instructions downright disgusting.
    I'm sure that I've completed this activity, but cannot recall at the moment all of the necessary procedures. I'll give it another run and get back to you.

* Definition of "expert" by a former colleague of mine: "'X' is an unknown quantity and a 'spert' is a drip under pressure".
    ==============EDIT=================

I think I just found the problem: the instructions for setting controls before leaving the first loco you drive omit one crucial item: the MU-2A Valve has to be changed from "Lead or Trail" to "Trail 6 or 26". At least, I made this change and then had no problem continuing the scenario -- well, after hustling the mile + distance to the lead engine and following the instructions for getting this long consist rolling. I can only imagine, of course, what a mission such as this will entail in TSW2 with "adherence" in play.
    If this doesn't resolve your problem, please let us know.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  3. ht-57

ht-57 Member

Here's a get short vid on how to set it up,