PS4 London Commuter Crash!

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ben#4046, Jan 31, 2023.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Ok this isn't just a coincidence I've just rebuilt ps4 database tried the route again this time from Gatwick, game crashed about 2 mins in. Please can you take this seriously and also respond to this message to let me know you have seen it as it's currently unplayable from Brighton To Victoria. Thanks

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There wasn't a need to post the same issue twice. Anyways, you will need to provide more info. What service(s) did it affect, where did it happen, did it give you a warning message when it crashed? Just saying it crashed isn't enough for the devs or for players who are on ps4 to test to see if they get the same issue

3. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I have full information in the previous message please don't be pedantic and patronising. No warning message. Blue screen crash. Approx 8 miles from Victoria. Incedently...I tried this route from Gatwick to Victoria and it crashed at the same point. 2 mins into the run. In the same fashion blue screen. I rebuilt my database after the first crash and have no issues with other games so this one is on dovetail to fix. If it isn't fixed I'm going to consider contacting PlayStation services to report this game for bad practise as this route is currently unusable.

4. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I am angry and frustrated by the lack of care and attention in insuring the route works to an acceptable level.

5. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I'm sorry for my slightly hostile response. I'm just fed up with how something can go from working to broken for no good reason because of some incidental update.

6. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi ben#4046 ,

We are very sorry to hear that your game has crashed during a gameplay on London Commuter. It's perfectly understandable that you are upset, and we would like to ensure we can put a stop to issues like these. To do this, we kindly ask for a moment of your time to gather some more information.

To track down your crash report, we will need your PSN ID, but please do not share any personal information here. Therefore, it would be much appreciated if you could submit a support ticket with the following information.
    • PSN ID
    • The approximate date and time, you submitted the crash report to the PlayStation servers (Blue screen error)
    • Name and start time of the service you suffered a crash on.
    • The loco you were driving at the time.
    • The model of PS4 you are using (e.g. Slim, Pro, Base)
    • A complete list of the add-on you currently have installed.
    Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you, so we can stop these problems.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi
    Hi Chris,

Ok so I followed the link and couldn't remember my password, I thought I had the right one but it wasn't. I asked for a reset but didn't receive it to my email...any thoughts. I am happy to send that info but can't currently. I need a password reset please

8. DTG-Chris

DTG-Chris Staff Member

Hi ben#4046 ,
    Please note that you can't use your Dovetail Live login on Support. You will require a separate account or login with a Google/Facebook/Twitter account.

How Do I Use Dovetail Support?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Update: I needed to set up a separate account from my PlayStation dovetail account ok so I'm in now, thanks

10. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Ok yes, haha thanks

11. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Ok so I have sent as much information as possible including routes my ps4 id etc...

12. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi. I am slightly concerned about the error code CE-34878-0 and the apparent knowledge already on the sight as a quick link if you get this message as this is the message I received every time. The thing is. I have no other game issues crashing in this manor and for the matter very few other issues crashing within this game. Not for a while anyway. I just tried again the same route and it crashed at the very start of the route. The thing is it was working fine before the update which makes me suspect that it's a bigger problem than just on my ps4. Thanks

13. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

The last crash I asked to be sent on to dovetail support for analysis, not sure if this will happen?

14. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I've not seen support tickets yet - just looking at the forum - do you have a specific service we can repro here? I've had one of the team trying to repro this morning and while it's had a problem it's been after a long drive coming into victoria (known) rather than 2 minutes after departing gatwick. Can I confirm if you have any liveries downloaded or created as well?

If you can get me aspecific service number to try then I can get them to run that themselves as well.

Thanks
    Matt.

15. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi Chris, this is my last message on the matter and thanks for the continued support. My thoughts are that this route is slightly in a state of disarray as I have just completed another run without issue using the same train and the same route(different time). I understand that nothing is perfect but feel as if with regards to this route it is so fragmented that the experience overall is Jarred by my experience with this route as it is actually one of my favourites. I have many routes(most of them) and do love this game and will continue to support as I believe you are a good team of people and it is a great simulator overall I just get frustrated by these silly issues. Anyway thanks for the response and support.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  16. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi Matt,

Yes I have one livery and a slight suspicion that this may effect it. Created myself. I have non downloaded I did have previously and believe I was experiencing cras h as a result so I removed them. The specific details as accurate as I can be is service 1U41 is not working for me.I had three separate crashes one whilst at Gatwick station awaiting departure and two when heading to Victoria at a point near the start of the journey a train going in the opposite direction passes and the game crashed at the same point twice.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  17. DTG Matt

What train is the livery on, and is it one you're using when you drive? or one you're hoping to see on AI?

Thanks for the details!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi Matt,

So, Class 387 GX. One I created, basic, that does appear as AI. I haven't yet used it to drive with so the error didn't occur whilst using it. Perhaps as an AI train as I mentioned in the previous message It occurred to me that downloaded liveries may well have been causing crash error s in the past on this route though of course I can't say for sure.

19. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Ok so I have some more information that may be helpful. I managed to run the aforementioned route from start to finish without crashing. Gatwick to Victoria. Which seems strange to me that I would have three crashes in a row then a clean run. My thoughts are relating to Ram and the ps4's lack there of. My livery showed up during the run also. The thing that makes me lean towards a ram issue is the amount of jittering that occurs in this route. I would say perhaps more so than any other route apart from perhaps the updated SEHS which is understandable. One more piece of info I ran another service same route different time inbetween trying the route again. Ok so thanks for the response and hope this has been useful

20. DTG Matt

Yep we've been able to repro exactly as described so there's a bug logged in the system now with that solid repro info. Can't promise next steps at this point but I will say a bug ticket with a solid repro is a big head start. I suspect you're right, it's part of the general memory challenges that the brighton route has, which is a bigger task that still needs to be undertaken as it impacts everyone really.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like Like x 1