London Commuter - Failure Analysis (ps4 Standard / Fat)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Oct 7, 2021.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning, friend, I'll leave my first impressions here.

I'm thrilled to play this route, I'm simply in love with her, it's amazing, I want to play her since I played the game for the first time in East Costway, however I would punctuate some things:

-377 There seems to be no problems.

-387 It seems to be very quiet inside the cabin, the safety signals play very low, as does the traction sound, but there is a very strange noise of wind, I recommend you to check it out please..

- line as a whole: I'm really impressed with the presented schedule, with over 1200 services between the two standard locomotives, but I miss being able to drive the 375 and 166 class locomotives on the PS4 and would love to know if they will be added later , as soon as it is normalized, or there are no plans to include it, the same happened with Munich, where we only have two locos on PS4. When proceeding with a journey back to London Victoria, there is a train that does not move when leaving this station, locking all 12 trains in front of me, including mine, generating a red signal with a cascade effect, it is an effect similar to the that I reported to JD in Dresden, but this one I opened and closed doors and the train remains immobile, that is, I was unable to complete the journey.

I sincerely hope that this series of problems that have been occurring are resolved, my last question is whether the performance on day 1 is only for PS5 and Xbox (All generations) or there is an update planned for PS4 as well, because in view of my feedback, I believe than an update, mainly to prevent AI trains from blocking the way. I await your return, I appreciate all your efforts, the line is beautiful to see.

TrainSim-Matt, DTG Natster, DTG Protagonist and DTG JD

• Like Like x 3
  2. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I agree with the sound inside the cabin on the 387, the actual wind and mechanical noise seems to be a little on the quiet side.

One thing I noticed on BML, compared to SEHS and ECW, is that I never know how fast I can go without the HUD. There seem to be few triangular speed limit signs (I don't know the technical term, but I mean the advance warning signs). So when I'm crusing along at 90 mph, there suddenly is this round speed limit sign and I'm too fast right away. Cannot say if this corresponds to the real route but it seems a bit odd to me (I know it's not a speed-based signalling system in the UK and a lot is up to memorization, but still it feels a bit odd).

When starting the class 387 introduction, the brakes did not charge, so the scenario was "stuck". When I drove the train away nevertheless, it then switched to the next step.

On the 377, the control lights for the rear lights are not lit when put in Auto (8.37 London Victoria to Ryegate).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tcmikaelsouza

the service I had problems with is 1M03 Brighton - London Victoria, third round of chapter 1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

I love the title of this thread. Makes it sound like an accident investigation.

• Like Like x 3
  5. tcmikaelsouza

6. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I’ve been playing the PS4 version since the ps5 version is a no go. And I’ve had zero issues with it. No sound probs or crashing.

Must add that I’ve been playing the PS4 version on the PS5.

• Like Like x 2
  7. tcmikaelsouza

I get it buddy, thanks a lot for the feedback, here on PS4 we're facing issues, hope the PS5 version is dealt with!

8. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

It’s clear the rush hour routes have been rushed on last gen and current consoles, cannot comment on PC. I was glad that on PS4 at least we had what was supposed to be the final build, but even so Victoria is a slide show and I had a crash just spawning in on foot and checking out the interior of a 387 in the station. Other than these glaring issues the route does look great so it’s a shame it’s such a mess right now. However, Boston is still laggy so I am not expecting miracles any time soon. All that said why do I still love this game! If PS4 cannot cope with the insane number of services just chop the timetable down so it runs smooth and we can also use the layers!!! DTG did it for Dresden with the ICE!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. evolutionsound246

evolutionsound246 New Member

Experiencing the same exact thing!!!!!!!

10. tcmikaelsouza

The point is that the ICE does not cause so many problems in Dresden, but the BR 101 (IC) as I evaluated in this topic.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dresden-line-failure-analysis.46522/

11. evolutionsound246

Same! With a train stuck leaving London Victoria and causing trains stuck at red lights, including mine from about 3.5 miles out from London! Very frustrating

• Like Like x 1
  12. tcmikaelsouza

Yes indeed let's say there are three serious problems in the London Commuter, barely audible internal locomotive sound, AI trains crashing the entire system, and slow loading and in London,

• Like Like x 1
  13. evolutionsound246

Let's hope they put out a patch soon, Not being able to complete a journey to the very least is very frustrating.

14. tcmikaelsouza

15. cmadonna1998

cmadonna1998 Active Member

Boston South Station is laggy for me on PS4, but nothing like what I have experienced at London-Victoria. It unplayable for me inside London-Victoria, and optimization needs to be addressed ASAP.

• Like Like x 2