London Commuter: How Many Services Have You Completed So Far?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cloudyskies21, Apr 8, 2022.

1. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

So, with no modern UK routes on the horizon at the time of writing, I thought it would be good time to reflect on existing routes, namely London Commuter.

With it's absolutely epic timetable, how much has everyone actually done since the route came out a while ago now - just to be clear, I appreciate there are still many bugs and game crashes etc which are highly frustrating.

London Commuter:
    - Services complete = 248 out of 1,437
    - London Commuter Level = 62
    - Miles Driven = 4,368
    - 377 Level = 207
    - 387 Level = 32

I really hope more routes can have a timetable which has such variation and depth in the future.

2. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to find stats on how many unique services I've completed, but based on going through the list and adding up timetable services, scenarios, and journey mode services, my stats are:

- Services completed = 75
    - London Commuter Level = 25
    - Miles Driven = 3,149
    - 377 Level = 42
    - 387 Level = 15
    - 166 Level = 15
    - 66 Level = 5

I have to say, I really like this route. Playing and enjoying it is what convinced me to purchase other British routes (ECW, GWE, and SEHS), something I wouldn't have otherwise considered. I love how it's so comprehensive and how it's a complete mainline end-to-end. I also love seeing 7 different types of trains.

• Like Like x 1
  3. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Oh when London commuter works, it's 1 of the best routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

96 services

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

8 services so far

• Like Like x 1
  6. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Yeah what I do love about this route is the link-up between existing routes. While the epic timetable is the best part of the route, it's the interaction of having Class 166s, 313s, 465s, 375s too which makes it even better and what future routes should be able to offer, instead of just one or two locos. Plus, as you say it's end-to-end, I love departing a busy Victoria and arriving into a busy Brighton!

Conductor B what particular services are your favourite on London Commuter? I really enjoy the GWR ones between Reigate and Gatwick, especially the turnaround at Redhill.

7. Conductor B

Conductor B Well-Known Member

Yeah the GWR services are nice because you get to switch cabs and reverse direction mid-trip.
    I really like combining with or splitting from other trains, such as with the Littlehampton runs to/from Haywards Heath. e.g.:
    • 1H25 starting at Preston Park. You couple to the rear of 1F25 at Haywards Heath and continue with the combined train to Victoria. After a short PNB there you drive the same consist back to Haywards Heath as 1H34 where you uncouple and continue with the front section to Preston Park.
    I also like the services that have depot runs at the beginning or end. e.g.:
    • 5B97/2B97: You go from Selhurst Depot into service at Selhurst and then run an all-stops local to Victoria. After an 8-minute layover, you run another local to East Croydon as 2O92. You then switch cabs and head up to Selhurst Depot via the London Bridge line as 5O92.

• Like Like x 2
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I've done 5B97/2B97 in the snow for a challenge. That one is a special run.
    You must deal with 2M09 East Croydon to Milton Keynes on the WCML South & 2M15 London Victoria to Epsom these are blocking your way