London Commuter Not Working On Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james.lea2007, Apr 8, 2022.

1. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

I'm still having issues with this route months after buying it the issues I'm experiencing with this route is when you start a service it freezes at the start for about 1 minute and also the frame rate is awful at London victoria it is very slow aswell when you play the route.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

You are not alone other console players have major issues with this route not just PS4 and still no fix.

To my mind this route was more about DTG trying to find out how many services they could get in a route and it has failed miserably and it’s the players suffering the consequences ending up with a game that’s almost unplayable. Given that many of these timetabled services are just 4/5 minutes long it’s pretty pointless if it is going to ruin the game.

• Like Like x 3
  3. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

But isn't it the major goal of Rush Hour - to simulate the huge density of trains on BML route just like it is in real life?
    I think it was DTG goal and the reason they have added so many services, and I personally love it! I've just run 4 services yesterday on London Commuter and this DLC is completely new experience to me. So many trains passing by, so much movement, even just standing on a platform on any station not too far from London Victoria gives me the feeling that I'm really in huge city where public transport is doing its best to deliver everyone to its destination. It's something I haven't experience on any other route so far (although I'm quite fresh to TSW2).
    I have high hopes that DTG will find other options to optimize BML on PS4 than removing short-time services, I would really don't want that to happend.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Welcome to club my friend. I bought this route the day it came out and the performance between Victoria and Croydon was absolutely AWFUL! There was a small update a few weeks after release that actually improved things a tiny bit but NOT enough to make that section of the route enjoyable. Yep, hard as it is to believe, London Commuter was even worse when released!

Staff at DTG are aware of this and even had a livestream about it months ago where all sorts of problems were identified which if addressed could improve performance but despite promises that action would be taken we are now 6 months down the line and nothing has been fixed.

I have come to the conclusion that the livestreams are just a PR gimmick where embarrassed DTG staff get to shovel out copious amounts of bovine excrement in an attempt to appear as if they listen and care about what we think but in reality all they care about is the continous revenue stream from releasing new routes.

If you want to send a message to DTG then just refuse to buy ANYTHING they put out. Hit them in the wallet hard. That is only fair as it is what they have been getting away with doing to us customers for far too long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. arek#2842

I've run few services from London Victoria to Brighton after peek hours and vice versa and it does not look good. I observed FPS count and I would say the average for whole route is between 17 to 20 FPS, which makes it somewhat playable, but not comfortable to play and not enjoyable to play at all. It feels like the train is going through a pile of jelly almost all the time.

What worries me more is that initially I thought this poor framerate hits you only on London Victoria and surround areas, but goes to expected 25-30 when you are getting more away from that station. Now I know that this poor framerate is a case for whole route and it worries me that fixing it (optimizing) might be quite hard to achive, if not impossible. Maybe they know it also and that's why it there is no progress on this since few months now.

I've done this FPS check on regular PS4 (not Pro) with TSW2 and London Commuter DLC installed on build-in stock hard drive.

6. arek#2842

Hi DTG JD , was there any core update for game optimization introduced along with last two patches?
    I'm asking, because I've started to run on BML just after SoS premiere and I've found it working much smoother in regards to FPS than before. There are still FPS drops on arrival/departure from London Victoria and East Croydon, but other than that it works better on regular PS4.