London Commuter - Update Forecast?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Oct 11, 2021.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Friends, Good morning. I would like to be informed if there will be any updates that fix at least the main LBN flaws? Because I've never been so excited to play a line and upset that I can't complete some courses. I reiterate that the line is really beautiful and well made, but we players are annoyed with the flaws contained in it, I believe that if they called some players to test before, certainly many would participate... TrainSim-Matt DTG JD

• Like Like x 6
  2. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

So far the silence has been deafening...

• Like Like x 5
  3. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Dresden should be done first . In a perfect world, there will be a patch mending both

4. tcmikaelsouza

It's my friends, I agree with you, a deafening and excruciating silence. But looking at it the other way around, and maybe that cheers me up, as the last time they were silent for a considerable time, they announced LBN for Oct/07 instead of Oct/14. Knowing a little bit, there should be an update tomorrow to make the old Stock Undergrond DLC compatible, so I believe they will spend all day to release this fix together for Dresden and LBN, I have made a complete dossier on the Dresden failures, and how (in my opinion) the BR 101 makes it unstable. Let's wait and have faith in DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  5. tcmikaelsouza

6. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

And you’ll want to make that 3 rush hour updates as we currently have no speedo displays on Boston

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Quite frankly, I’m a little surprised DTG hasn’t announced some sort of action plan to let us know what steps they are taking to get things resolved. In my opinion, whilst all three rush hour routes look awesome, they are simply riddled with issues and not fun to play. On top of this, PS5 players have a substantial limitation to the DLC we can play without having to delete more and more routes. I don’t like that things are so quiet. On the other hand, talking doesn’t fix things and that’s the absolute priority. Fix fix fix.

• Like Like x 9
  8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

And yet they are still happy to market new products. Says it all really. We have the 187 and 1938 stock coming this Thursday with the West Cornwall line and 313 already being promoted. Other than the 313 I won't be buying anything else until we see some substantial rush hour and PS5 DLC fixes.

• Like Like x 7
  9. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

There is substantial work being done to address some of the problems that have come up during the release of Rush Hour but the process to turn these around isn't a quick one. The initial evaluation of the causes of problems players have reported takes time to complete after which fixes have to be written and the code then retested to ensure that any fix doesn't create problems elsewhere.

During this period there isn't much information that can be given beyond "we're working on it", and it's every bit as frustrating for us as it is for you.

As soon as there's anything concrete to report we'll let you know.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  10. goochdog#5870

Of course . Thanks for the reminder .

• Like Like x 1
  11. tcmikaelsouza

Hi @dtgprotagonist thank you very much for the feedback, we are happy to at least be working, processing the information and struggling to correct it, we know it takes work, but we trust your work. I can make an analogy with aviation, where the captain doesn't keep talking about everything he's going to do, whether it's rushing, doing a specific maneuver, because first the work, then the communication. We just ask that, if possible, keep us updated periodically, to know where we are with all this, a hug!

• Like Like x 1
  12. tcmikaelsouza

Folks, it's important to remind you that there are two threads opened by Matt in the PC discussion, to inform you in as much detail about the problems that occurred in Dresden and in BML, look and help so that we can have our dear simulator working accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

DTG need to stop releasing dlc and focus on released routes. This is beyond ridiculous. DTG can no longer be trusted. They are taking us for mugs. I have defended them in the past, but have now come to the realisition that they do not care. DTG say they check for bugs prior to release. I'm calling bs on that, as they could have very easily picked them up prior to release.No more excuses DTG, stop rripping us off and actually focus! I am so sick of half arsed dlc that i paid alot for, that has more bugs eveytime a dlc is released. I've lost my patience, enough is enough.

• Like Like x 9
  14. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

This route is easily my favourite route and yes there are a few bugs around London Victoria in particular, but it is not stopping me from playing it as I find it very enjoyable. Bugs are expected with new releases but I don't think it wouldn't take too long to fine tune these as I think this route will be your flagship route.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  15. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

[removed by Protagonist - unnecessarily combative]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

2 years ago I was very much against the sentiment of ‘stop all work and catch up’, 1 year ago I was on the train of thought that DTG would eventually end up with so much faulty content that they’ll grind to a halt.

Now, DTG have pushed out 3 large routes, an engine upgrade, 2 (3?) new builds of the game onto new platforms, significant new features, obscenely adventurous timetables with no in depth QA for them, they are currently dealing with having to circumvent how their DLC is intergrated to the game on PS5, coming up with ground breaking solutions for not bricking Gen8 consoles whilst also trying to push their boundaries, implanting a brand new audio system for Xbox, and doing god knows what else we don’t know about, all at the same time.

Yet they still don’t seem to be taking very seriously to maybe focusing on game wide critical fixes & quality of life improvements, instead they only seem to be ramping up their content production, Adams team has already had to re-strategise their aims, because they cannot keep up with implementing improvements and fixes on past routes, so I wish good luck to the core team in fixing all these issues, because everytime an update or piece of content is pushed, there seems to be some sort of significant issue, and I’m not talking about missing landmarks or dodgy looking planes.

Right now getting TSW 2 into a stable state seems like a pretty unlikely scenario so hopefully over the next couple of months DTG will show us some commitment to their products, because since 4.26 released it’s been an absolute shambles.

• Like Like x 7
  17. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

This: I was very surprised to see the announcements of this weeks streams and it was like nothing had happened and the game is as it is. I know that is not the case but this weeks streams are about trying to sell me something. I had an open wallet. But my wallet has closed for now. I need to see some improvements before I open my wallet again.

• Like Like x 8
  18. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Yes, how dare they having fun!

• Like Like x 4
  19. sgtBatou

sgtBatou New Member

While it is good to hear from DTG that they're collating our issues together, more is needed to reassure us what they're plans are. I like to play on journey mode, and I can't progress on BML due to game crashes. I almost exclusively play on UK routes and I'm struggling to find something to play that doesn't have problems, to name a few (some of these are not bugs, more pain points):
    • The rush hour/preservation changes to Bakerloo has moved stopping markers at some stations.
    • The obvious looping sounds (i.e. AWS) on the ECW class 377 and SEHS 375 is now so jarring and immersion breaking after the fantastic sounds on BML's 377 & 387
    • Cathcart seems to have some immersion breaking lighting issues, on several attempts night time lighting has just seems to stop at some point to all scenery being lit with no shadows, not to mention to terrible night time lighting on this route.
    • Playing scenarios on GWE, ECW, etc where immersion controls have not been unlocked is frustrating and trips me up constantly.
    I appreciate that self-publishing with no subscription model means that DTG cannot stop releasing new DLC. They've got to pay salaries somehow, but I do feel that now is a good time for them to take a moment to focus their teams on fixing the backlog of issues they have with the game and platforms, let their 3rd party developers take the limelight for new stuff a while. But most importantly, I think we need a "state of bugs" stream, where they address the issues we're reporting in and give us something more than "we're working on it".

• Like Like x 6
  20. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello, folks.

We have a patch scheduled for today [EDIT - SEE NOTE BELOW], which contains some 'quick' optimisations for London Commuter, and a BR 101 fix for Nahverkehr Dresden.

Prior warning: these are not all-encompassing fixes - they are things we've been able to easily identify, fix, and test - they will help, but the team are working on what other changes can be made to improve performance, and when we have more we will release them as quickly (and safely) as we can.

The process of bug identification/triage > fix > test > put into a release build > release (this is a very simplified version of it) can take different times for different fixes, so putting timelines is a challenge, particularly for more complex fixes. We are doing what we can though to improve the hardest-hitting improvements as quickly as possible.

EDIT: The patch will either be later today, or, more likely, tomorrow.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Even a BR 101 fix? That's nice to hear. I'm already less disgruntled :D

• Like Like x 2
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hi JD, do you have details of what the patch will include?

• Like Like x 2
  23. DTG JD

Just edited my previous comment. The patch is going through some final checks, so may be later today or at some point tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  24. niko558

niko558 Member

Good let’s hope it’s sorted soon as I’m holding back my £24.99. I’ll play on other DLC till then!!

25. sgtBatou

sgtBatou New Member

Fantastic. Fingers crossed this includes a fix that prevents the crashing of BML, either way I'll be giving BML another whirl later.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I have to ask - on behalf of everyone as well as myself. It’s a straight question and I’d like a straight answer.

Q. Why would DTG release a route with so many major issues? Surely with even the most basic of testing these would have been flagged, I’m flabbergasted that the route can have passed through QA and green lit for release in its current state.

• Like Like x 11
  27. goochdog#5870

Without trying to sound ungrateful, I’d there any news on a fix for the Boston speedos (lack off)

28. DTG JD

Still firming it up at the moment, so it'll likely come with the published list when the patch goes live.

• Like Like x 4
  29. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

How many of these issues could have been identified if you had user acceptance testers, as a user I would certainly be willing to test before release!

• Like Like x 4
  30. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Yes I would too

• Like Like x 1
  31. morph147

morph147 Active Member

^This is the type of update that I want to see more of JD. Especially on some of the bugs that are crashing the game on Dresden and London Commuter. Just saying hey here are the major bugs and hey we think we may have identified the issue here, we are currently testing or something goes a long way. This is one gripe that pops up in the kickstarters I back that sometimes all people want is an update even if it is hey we are alive and working on this but there is nothing to update. Goes a long way.

• Like Like x 3
  32. DTG JD

It's an iterative process, so this likely won't solve everything. These are the quick things we've been able to identify and solve quickly, but the more substantial optimisations will likely have a larger impact and come later because they'll require more testing.

It may be a 'horses for courses' thing, so different players may experience different degrees of improvements depending on their platform, but want to manage expectations that this update isn't a silver bullet.

We are working hard on performance improvements across all the Rush Hour routes, though.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

If the disappearing DB 101 comes back and doesn’t crash timetable on Riesa Dresden, then I’ll be happy for now. Fingers Crossed!

• Like Like x 5
  34. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD Good morning, thank you very much for your feedback, it's gratifying to see that you are working to fix it, I got emotional playing LBN because until then ECW was my favorite route. Please, I ask you to review the points that I highlighted in the forum that Matt opened, for LBN and especially in Dresden, as I raised a comprehensive report to help you, moreover, congratulations on the work and thanks for everything. We await the solutions.

• Like Like x 1
  35. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Any idea on the Xbox cab texture glitch fix? ( try saying that 10 times fast)

We are coming up on 2 months without a fix. Any news good or bad would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  36. DTG JD

The last I heard, it is still in testing. We wanted to give it a long window for testing, as (as I think I've probably mentioned a few times on streams, etc.!), it's not a simple fix.

• Like Like x 3
  37. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Thanks very much.

38. goochdog#5870

This !!!!

39. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Great news that at least some fix is being pushed out immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  40. tcmikaelsouza

20h (GMT 0) and we still don't have the promised update, is it for tomorrow?

• Like Like x 1
  41. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

JD wrote today or tomorrow so I guess it will be tomorrow. I'm happy either way if it fixes some major bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  42. tcmikaelsouza

Yeah, let's wait until tomorrow, hopefully at the very least the stuck AI trains and the sound of the locomotives are fixed in LBN, as they are the most critical, and perhaps the easiest to fix.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I just finished the first full run in journey mode on PS5, get into Brighton, open the doors and the game crashes.... What? I've deleted DLC that worked for this.

• Like Like x 1
  44. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Nothing to do with him enjoying it. Everything to do with him basically saying “it’s ok to release a route that doesn’t work”.

45. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I was hoping that someone from DTG might respond to this….

46. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

You can't just put random words in their mouth, how egotistical to think someone is part of the problem only for not being your opinion.
    For all we know they could be upset with the issues but still have fun playing their content. And what is wrong about that?

• Like Like x 1
  47. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just tried running Chapter 1 journey 1W30 after updating my game today. The game crashed to the PS5 main menu before reaching Clapham Junction. I had just come down the hill having gone over the Waterloo line (I believe) and hadn’t yet reached the big poster board.

Report submitted to Sony. I’m not even going to bother trying anything else now, the London Commuter route is unplayable/too unreliable on PS5.

• Like Like x 5
  48. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

True. Crashing to the PlayStation Home Screen is quite a fun pastime.

49. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

On a positive note. The long running issue with the DB BR 101 going missing and crashing Riesa Dresden, looks to be resolved. I was able to launch timetable services successfully. When I quit the game and went back in, the 101 is still there.

Bad that the issue happened at all, but happy it’s fixed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Performance on the BML seems improved too, finally able to run the ‘slow way home’ scenario that crashed everytime at Clapham Junction for me.

Also just hopped into London Vic at 8:30am and got a consistent 30fps, even out towards Battersea Park, which would dip as low as 12fps for me previously.

Edit: Sigh, never mind just crashed at Victoria.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4