London Fenchurch Street - Shoeburyness (lt&s Nse Era)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dusty_Bin, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Dusty_Bin

Dusty_Bin New Member

A very much underrated line, even in reality. I personally would really love a route on the LT&S in the Network SouthEast era, running with the motley and run-down fleet of elderly hand me down electrics. The 71(?) miles of route between Shoeburyness and London is only just over the route mileage accomplished by DTG on the LGV route and it's a pleasant coastal drive going from several picturesque seaside stations (Leigh-on-Sea etc.) to the bustle of the capital at Fenchurch Street.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In terms of trains, you have several options from the golden oldies that ran the route at the time, all with characteristic ways to drive with deadman style controllers of their time.:
    • Class 302
    • Class 305
    • Class 308
    • Class 310
    • Class 312
    Additionally, locomotive options are there including most interestingly, the Class 86 on container traffic heading from the ports at 'Gateway and Tilbury. You also have Dagenham for diesel locos on the likes of cartics and so forth, with these drives going as far as Barking at the start of their transition onto the North London lines. Scenes like below at Dagenham Dock also show it can also be used to re-use the 37/5, or improve on it and make the heavyweight 37/7 (excuse the horrible stock photo look)!
    [​IMG]
    In short, I would really like some more slam-door stuff in TS, I know MattP amongst others said they would love to do something along the lines of London to Brighton slam-door which I'd love as the TS versions and stock are so dated by now.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8