Train Sim World 3 London Kings Cross To Edinburgh Waverly Past And Present

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WiniJames, Nov 28, 2022.

1. WiniJames

WiniJames Member

This would be a large route but I think it would be very cool to have this route in-game with a mix of past and present locomotives. The route would be set in the present day so a modern route but also give people the chance to use the Flying Scotsman and the Mallard if they wanted too

LNER FLYING SCOTSMAN
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LNER MALLARD
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

LNER AZUMA CLASS 800
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

LNER INTERCITY 225
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

STATIONS:

London Kings cross
    Peterborough
    Newark Northgate
    Doncaster
    York
    Northallerton
    Darlington
    Durham
    Newcastle
    Morpeth
    Edinburgh Waverly

• Like Like x 6
  2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It takes about 5 hours give or take to do the entire route. Many players will not want to do that. Plus hundreds of miles of railway would need to be built and all the various buildings, landmarks etc etc

• Like Like x 2
  3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

This would be a great route to introduce the Class 55 Deltic if it was a vintage route. The Flying Scotsman is a must for this route, too. For the modern version, a new freight loco is a must (perhaps a Class 70, Class 67, Class 68, or Class 69)

4. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

There is NO WAY this is ever coming to tsw3+ in one route - Several maybe but the full route is impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

If you wanted the ecml in tsw3 (like me). I would recommend suggesting a small part of the ecml (maybe around 40-50 miles long). Personally I would like the Doncaster to York and Leeds section of the ecml (even though Leeds isn't strictly part of the ecml but lner serves that section). On that route you'll have the intercity 225, class 80x, Class 331, Class 158 and HST.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Very long route. Not likely to get made all at once but I would love love love! To see this in the game!
    (Especially the Class 800)

• Like Like x 1
  7. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would adore to see the ECML in game but all the way from Kings X to Edinburgh is a long old trek at just under 400 miles. I think that the most likely section is between Peterborough and York as although it is just over 110 miles there are only 6 stations and DTG could get away with doing an LNER class 800/801 and the Hull trains 802s which are very similar classes and a freight loco if done in modern day. If set in the 70s they could get away with a 55 and 56, maybe even a blue 37 with the other BR blue locos like 47s and 31s, layering onto appropriate services.

• Like Like x 3
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You might as well need to chop this down in train similator classic length for TSW 3 those are ECML South King's cross to Peterborough East Coast main line Peterborough York via Doncaster ECML York Newcastle upon Tyne and lastly ECML North Edinburgh Waverly Newcastle Upon Tyne. Key reason it's that you are proposing a very long route.

9. WiniJames

WiniJames Member

Yeah, I knew it wouldn't be possible to make the whole thing due to the length of the whole route but even just sections of the route id be more than happy with and was suggesting this merely as an excuse to include the Flying Scotsman into the game.

10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Think the OP needs to modify their expectations and nominate a 50 or 60 mile stretch.
    In the south that would probably be KX to Peterborough which is actually around 75 miles.
    Up North, I would suggest Newcastle to Berwick On Tweed. In terms of era, well sorry the ECML to me is synonymous with Deltics and Paxman engine HST's, at a pinch 91's and Mark 4's.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Agree with both of you here, it's either modern day or Deltic/Valenta HST era for me, that scream though :love:, that will be nostalgic for TSW players that know about the Valenta if you know what I mean ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. matt#4801

Very much know what you mean. Since I was born I have lived the majority of my life in houses which back on to or are within a few hundred yards of the ECML so Napier and Paxman engines have quite literally been the soundtrack to the majority of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TrainGeek08

Would've loved to have heard a Valenta HST scream along but the MTU engines were long inserted into the HSTs when I was born ;)

14. matt#4801

That's a shame as compared to the Valentas the MTUs were rather naff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TrainGeek08

Yep, Valenta>MTU always :love:

• Like Like x 1
  16. matt#4801

Every day of the week!!

• Like Like x 1