London Overground North And West London Lines

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akshay26, Aug 31, 2021.

1. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

Today, I am suggesting the London Overground North & West London Lines for TSW2.

The North London Line runs between Stratford & Richmond via Willesden Junction with 22 stations between Stratford & Richmond. If the East London Line comes to the game, we can maybe get AI ELL Trains between Canonbury & Highbury & Islington. Maybe we can also get AI Bakerloo Line Trains at Willesden Junction.

The West London Line runs between Clapham Junction & Willesden Junction with 3 stations between Clapham Junction & Willesden Junction. If people have ECW, the 377 can also be layered for services between Clapham Junction & Sheperd's Bush.

Stratford

Overground platforms at Stratford.jpg

Richmond

Overground Train at Richmond.jpg

Clapham Junction

Clapham Junction Overground.jpg

For this route, we could have the BR Class 378/2 Capitalstar and the BR Class 710 Aventra, both of which can go overhead power and third rail power.

Class 378

Class 378.jpg

Class 710

CLass 710.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Good suggestion. We will need more traffic at both Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction to bring them to life.

• Like Like x 3
  3. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

I would of said the east london line but still as good and would buy it, good suggestion!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

The Watford DC line could be included, which can be incorporated with the Bakerloo line since it shares the track between Harrow & Wealdstone and Queen's Park.

• Like Like x 1
  5. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Yes I would strongly agree with this & would love to see it as well no excuses really as to why DTG Could not port it over from train simulator assuming they could the license (North London lines that is ) the Watford direct would not go a miss either

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  6. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Some nice opportunities for freight traffic too which is always appreciated

7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

So much material could be ported from TS. I think the main issue is the difference between the game engine used for TS when compared to the Unreal that TSW employs as they are in no way compatible and are of vastly different generations. I would love to see so many of the British routes and train types come to TSW from TS. The fact that so many routes and types are already in TS means that much of the research work has already been done and should theoretically be easier when bringing them to TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Time to bring this classic train simulator 21 route into TSW 2 complete with Class 377/2 377/5 & 378 DLC Class 710. Route Manville is going to be a straight-up Train Sim 21 version with modernized setting which is 25kv 50hz on the gospel barking line. Complete with PS5/PS4 & Xbox Series X/S Xbox One Controls.

9. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

True Your not alone the thing i like about the UK routes is i have start to build up a network the trouble is i also have a German network as well as for the US routes i have no Appeal what so ever.

Having played North London lines Goblin in TS 2021 it Should be ported over with an update make-over something DTG could quite easily do & the Watford Direct line as a brand new route?

• Like Like x 2
  10. niiiice1

niiiice1 Member

Good suggestion. Richmond > Stratford and Canonbury > Clapham would be 50 miles-ish. IS that a viable distance? I hope so, although looking at some other routes, DTG seems to be limiting them recently to 30-odd?
    I wondered about effectively copying over stuff from TS but it can't be that easy otherwise we'd probably already have a load of that stuff available?

11. Tank621

I imagine the main difficulty would be scenery, any London route will be scenery intensive, though at least the Overground tends to avoid the middle

• Like Like x 1
  12. niiiice1

niiiice1 Member

I thought that would be the main blocker too. Fair point! But the key thing for me is to have variability.
    Does the scenery get loaded only when required in-game, or is it all up-front, hence some of the load times? If the various models/objects/assets are loaded on demand, a route could theoretically be quite a lot longer??

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tank621

No idea, as far as I know, the limitation isn't a technical one but simply development time. I suspect the more complex nature of the Unreal engine versus the much simpler game engine used by TS2020 makes development longer to achieve the same amount of content (speculating on that last comment). We do know that route margin is possible, people have even done it, the reason why DTG haven't done it (as far as I am aware) is because of the extent of time that would have to be dedicated to reworking the timetables.

Personally, I would wholeheartedly be happy to by DLCs lengthening routes or introducing new branch lines to diversify things a bit. I would find a small network far more interesting than a simple a to b route for me. But that's getting off-topic.

But yes, the length of routes is not a technical issue basically, as I understand it.

• Like Like x 2