London To Brighton Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kazinooo, Sep 7, 2020.

1. kazinooo

kazinooo New Member

I think dovetail should create a route from London Victoria to Brighton and I think this should connect with east coast way if it is possible

• Like Like x 12
  2. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

The line is 50 miles 49 chains (81.5 km) long, measured from London Victoria to Brighton via the Quarry line And we can have Thameslink 700s services from east Croydon to Brighton and Gatwick express 387s to Gatwick Airport and Brighton and southern 377s services to Brighton and other services to Hayward’s heath for Eastbourne and ore

• Like Like x 6
  3. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I like this idea, it could also include the line from Keymer Junction to Lewes, allowing for services between London Victoria and Eastbourne/Seaford.

• Like Like x 4
  4. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Yes London Vic to Lewes would be perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Yes I agree! You would have to put Lewes to Hayward’s Heath aswell though!
    Starting DLC could be Class 377, Class 387, Class 700 For services up to East Croydon/Norwood Junction, Class 66 from ECW. I would say that the Ardingly Branch would have to be added too as there is no point running around d at Hayward’s Heath just for it to disappear for about a half a mile.

DLC Addons could be Class 455 for services to and from Sutton/Selhurst to London Victoria, with Class 59 for additional freight, Class 73 for RHTT services and Driver Training.
    I would say this would be an amazing route. There is so much to do with freight going to Ardingly, Crawley New Yard, Newhaven Marine and Newhaven Town Yard, and Purely. Passenger services going far and wide, and a range of ECS and special services too.
    A Class 455 is added in for when Brighton play Crystal Palace to run to Brighton which would be a good Scenario for DTG.
    The freights fun frequently all day now which means that there will always be services running. The Class 387 can be made pretty easily off of the Class 377 just with some minor adjustments to the interior and the livery. The Class 700s are always running from Brighton to up North with a Depot at Three Bridges.

• Like Like x 7
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Yes to all these ideas.

• Like Like x 3
  7. derek40p

derek40p Member

Yes on all

8. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Need the Class 717s added for the Eastbourne to Ashford route aswell with London Victoria to Bognor via Crawley and London Victoria to Portsmouth which also the Class 387s runs on the routes.

ThamesLink 700s need to be added so that its just not Southern at Brighton.

• Like Like x 1
  9. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I think you mean class 171s not class 717s.
    Class 171:
    upload_2020-9-7_21-10-39.jpeg

Class 717:
    upload_2020-9-7_21-10-55.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  10. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I like this idea. It would have the up to date Gatwick Airport with Platform 7.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rail Runner

Class 387s run up on Great Northern routes, Brighton to Victoria, and Brighton to Hastings and Eastbourne which started since the Gatwick upgrades.
    And they also run on the GWE.

• Like Like x 2
  12. no123

no123 Member

I think they don't do very large maps because it will take a while to load. And I would agree with it (With Gatwick Express, Southern to London Victoria, Thameslink to Brighton), but yeah I think it would take a while to load. And the community will request for like full Thameslink route so.

• Like Like x 1
  13. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Would still like to see London Vic to Brighton it was one of dtg better routes and still stands amazingly well considering the route is 8 years old. So for it to be coming into TSW2 would be a nice idea.

• Like Like x 4
  14. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

A very worthy and desirable route. I want to have it in my collection.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Rail Runner

It’s a classic:
    Was originally on Train Simulator, and that is now very out of date; Gatwick has 7 platforms, East Croydon is being relocated and 2 extra platforms planned to be added, Redhill has had its sidings ripped out and Platfrom 0 has been added, Hayward’s Heath has the overbridge and multi-story car park, there are new freight services, more trains runner per hour.
    You could also use the Class 166 from GWE to run services from Redhill to Gatwick replicating the Reading to Gatwick services.
    It has so much potential with lots of DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  16. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Creating such a route and merging it with the East Coastway would make me happy.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rail Runner

Especially if they add Keymer Junction to Lewes. Then it would create the triangle.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

19. shane bridgewater

shane bridgewater New Member

Yes to all of this and it will be amazing if this happens because it will be a great upgrade and it would be a great addition to tsw for pc xbox and ps4 and I would definitely play more on the game then I already do and maybe have a guard on the train or when we are in passager mode we could be guards

20. Rail Runner

To be honest, even if they ran to Selhurst and Norwood Junction from Brighton without going to Victoria, it would mean that it is slightly shorter, you have Selhurst Depot to use, you can terminate the Thameslinks etc at Norwood and then the Class 455s can run down to Purley and back. It would mean it’s shorter, but then again, it would be another option if DTG say it’s too long.

• Like Like x 2