London Underground S8 Advance.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 805 BENBOW, Jan 31, 2020.

1. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

Even though this was done by a third party i am disappointed that the cab is not displayed in the quick drive mode. Please correct me if i missed it in the manual on Steam. I did see it on the J.T website and accepted that. Never mind.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Where does it say on the JT site or in a manual that there is no Cab in QD?
    It says "Certain advanced features of the S8 will not function on routes that are not specifically designed for it."
    I don't think sitting in the Cab is an Advanced feature

Peter

3. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Good evening, I think I may know where the confusion arose, but it's easily done and we're always happy to help fellow simmers.

Because JT sell everything separately, if you have the Metropolitan Line but not the S stock, then you can drive the route with the AI S stock but without its cab. I think that's how it shook out. It was quite baffling at the time, I bought everything but I'm still convinced I didn't need to.

The JT developers lurk here so they may be able to confirm but that was my understanding. I hope it helps. I've certainly done loads of QDs on the Met Line in an S08 cab.

4. 805 BENBOW

805 BENBOW Active Member

Thank you for your detailed reply. I did contact support about this but found them not very forthcoming. Anyway got a refund on it but ever they did have a change of thought and added a cab then with no hesitation i would buy it. But not too confident.