London Underground Victoria Line With The 2009 Stock Train

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Special EliteYT, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Special EliteYT

Special EliteYT New Member

I would love to have this in the game. I love the sound of the 2009 Tube Stock. One argument against this is the fact that the Victoria Line uses ATO (Automatic Train Operation), but we could turn ATO off and operate the train ourselves.

This would be a lovely route in the game. The speed and sound of the train would make this an absolute blast to play.

• Like Like x 9
  2. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I would love to see this in the game. I feel like there will be tons upon tons of people talking about the ATO on this route. I know that IRL, the Victoria Line is sometimes operated Manually. In the cab, there are two sets of controls.

On the left side of the Cab, the operator watches while the train is in ATO mode. This side does not have a Traction Controller.

On the right side of the Cab, the operator is able to manually control the train with the restrictions of the signaling system.

I personally, do not care if it has ATO or not. I am able to turn it off. And if I do want to have ATO on, I'm fine with just controlling the doors and monitoring the train. Honestly, an ATO Route could open up more scenario possibilities. One of which is the ATO not working properly and constantly overrunning stations, causing the operator to take control.

The Victoria is a short line with only 16 Stations, it is very interesting, and I really do think it would be a great addition to the game.

Right Side of the Cab
    [​IMG]

Left Side of the Cab
    [​IMG]

The '09 Stock also has Automated Announcements, and if this line is created for TSW 2, I would like to see it appear with those Announcements.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I would love and ato route in the game , the closest we have to that is HMA and ska which are only partially operated on lzb

• Like Like x 3
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I also like the prospect of a route where you admire the technology of the train doing most of the work and you can relax

• Like Like x 2
  5. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

Not thread bumping to be annoying, I just found this thread online. I would like to give my support towards this suggestion, I wish to see another LU route in the game and the Victoria line would be the best for me

• Like Like x 1
  6. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

it’s always operated on ato, something like the central line would be better as it operates manually on sundays

7. josh#4926

josh#4926 Well-Known Member

Love the idea of this, could sit back & enjoy the ATO mode while eating dinner and then switch it back to manual mode when I'm bored. Would also be a good opportunity to include a 1967 Stock DLC, which is very similar to the 1972 Stock Currently in-game. [​IMG]

8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Bring it on and the way this will be played is like TSC Glasgow Subway where you simply use the ATO switch. One of the Scenarios on that route have you play it manual control.

• Like Like x 1
  9. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

Another thing, I am hoping to be a Victoria line driver in the next decade or so, so to have it represented in tsw would be amazing