London Victoria Crashing Series S

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jackson17, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Jackson17

Jackson17 Member

My game keeps crashing whenever I get within a mile or so of London Victoria. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like Like x 1
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yep unfortunately these problems still haven’t been fixed

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

So with the series S, I've found a few things.

Always fully shut down the console after use.

The "layers" seem to be the issue, 9 time out of 10, the layers dont spawn ( for me ), so that leads me to believe that either, the games crashing out because it's looking for the layers, but they dont spawn, which seen the console bonkers, or the series S possibly has a mix build ( gen 8 build ).

I find the longer the service you do, the more chance it has of crashing.

Rush hour services are the casual cause of the crashes, I dont seem to get one outside the rush hour times.

• Like Like x 1
  4. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

I believe Matt said a while back the third rail had properties which were using up too much memory on all consoles, both last gen and current gen, because even though last gen only had the 377 and 387 I'm yet to complete a service around London on it because it always crashes, even if I play via the cloud (which uses Series X hardware)

5. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I have not had too many problems on Series S. In my experience, the number of layers can be an issue. The only layer I have is SEHS; when I added the 465 I got a lot more crashes. So I took it off for now. It has also been stated elsewhere that the total number of DLC you have may also be having an effect. The only other one I have currently downloaded, besides SEHS, is NEC-BP. It's not ideal to have to uninstall all that stuff, but it might help.

6. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

I've generally been playing services from Victoria rather than those into the station. It rarely crashes, but if it does at least you have only wasted 10 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

How about the out of memory glitch what causes that as that frequently screws me over despite having seagate expansion card

8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Ive not got an external memory, however I have lowered my output resolution to 720p which seems to help a little bit, I also stick with the london vic - selhurst and back runs, also find the using external camera is a full no no between clapham and victoria

9. billd1008

billd1008 New Member

I have started exiting the game after each timetable service I do I then fully quit the game then restart the game since I have started doing this I have only had one crash going into London Victoria and I have probably done over 30 different services in the past week. It works with both the 377 services as well as the 387 services. I only have to do this with the BML route all other ones work fine. It's a pain but at least I'm not almost done with a service and end up crashing. I am on a series s and I have all my graphics setting turned up and it's still doing ok. Hope this helps someone. It took me a lot of trial and error to figure this out.

10. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I'm getting the same out of memory crash going In to Victoria, just as you're about to cross the river Thames bridge by the blue building on the left. I don't understand why it's taking so long to fix this.. I heard something about a third rail using up to much memory or something like that, but anyway..

My trick is to save one station before Victoria, so on the Brighton to London I save at Clapham. On the Sutton service I save at Battersea park. Seems to be fine and can complete the service and restart game and back in.

Remember before you save make sure you got green aspect signals ahead.

11. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

And don't expect them to be.

12. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

Hi Iain Hi Santa .....have yo been a good boy Iain? yes. I have bought all the DCL,s I clean my room, im 62 you know...and i have stopped kicking the cat....which isn't that hard as i have a dug.
    So what do you want for Christmas my boy. A train set? Action Man? eh??? NO i just want a fix to London Commuter..Well Santa has great powers, almost mystical...but even that is beyond my abilities.

• Like Like x 4