London Victoria.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by terry english, Apr 3, 2022.

1. terry english

terry english Active Member

Can someone please explain to me why, in London Commuter, you can drive trains in and out of Victoria and on to Gatwick and Brighton. Yet, in South Eastern High speed, when working a class 375 service towards Victoria the scenario always terminates at Rochester.
    Surely it’s not beyond the scope of Dovetail Games to link the two scenarios together in such a way that both can work into and out of Victoria.
    Or am I missing something, or just being a bit thick.

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Route linking is something players have been asking for for years. And we keep getting told "maybe someday."

Of course, with regard to SEHS the matter is way more complex than the obvious link, BML with ECW. There is a vast amount of real estate, trackage and stations between Rochester and Victoria that has never been made. Basically the entire route through Bromley, Dulwich and Brixton.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You're missing out that the "route link" would be over 30 miles of track with 19 additional stations to model, and of course in your given scenario there would be no Thameslink or London Overground traffic between Voltaire Road Junction towards Orpington (of which there's a fair amount IRL) or traffic from Sevenoaks towards Blackfriars which bears off at Shortlands.
    In other words "joining them up" is actually a whole route in itself

Exactly, that's 9 miles of track with only ONE additional station to model, and all loco assets are already in game

4. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Not to mention all the timetable rebuilding.
    The whole thing would be a nightmare, and for how many sales?

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

we're always told player suggestions are taken onboard. This one is has been on the platform for years waiting for a train with a significant amount of passengers waiting to board it

6. ARuscoe

Unfortunately I would see CML as the first UK route I WOULDN'T buy unless they did significant work on the inner-london workings. Running Fast to Bromley then fast again to Longfield the route would offer very little in the way of playability without those workings further in. We can already do the bit through Medway anyway

7. solicitr

Really?

Linking BML with ECW has been discussed a lot. This is first time I have seen anyone discuss the (absurdly difficult) linking of BML with SEHS.
    Also, it's hard to see how it has been at the platform for "years" seeing as how BML wasn't even released until last October.

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Referring to mergers in general as opposed to BML and SEHS ;). Sorry if I wasn't clear, hasty reply

9. solicitr

Okay, I gotcha. But this is one which Matt has said is a "We'd love to but have no current plans to do it because it would be a massive job." At the moment, steam plus sorting out their issues are enough Massive Jobs.

10. ARuscoe

I've seen a few suggestions for Chatham Mainline, if not specifically as a merged route with the SEHS (though a couple of those mentioned in comments as well)