Long Island Rail Road Network Re-proposed (link To Original Proposal Included)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by rare_common_sense, Sep 28, 2021.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

As I am, still heavily advocating for a TS version of the LIRR.. I didn't wanna make a whole new proposal nor bump up an old thread to trigger or annoy anyone here. So instead, I just included the link below to the more detailed one I posted over 3yrs ago. It's amazing it's been that long already.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/long-island-railroad-network.3263/

As I have maintained over the last several years. TSW just isn't doing it for me. Sure it's better looking in some aspects, but it just doesn't quite feel the same as its so-called spiritual predecessor. If anything, it definitely proves that just because something looks better, doesn't mean it is better.

TS1, despite the age.. still is a decent looking sim and has quite a bit going for it, thanks to some 3rd Party devs, and a select few community members with the skill and no-how to make TS a product that is still enjoyable, in spite of the instability, and alleged negligence by those behind the scenes, wherever the blame shall be placed.

I digress..

I will always stand firm in my beliefs that a TS rendition of the LIRR system is sorely needed in order to give it the proper representation it deserves, as well as filling in the gap of residency within the game. Numerous times, we've been offered Penn Station in TS, and having one of its main tenants and operators absent in TS is mind-boggling. I am, as well as many other US Northeast Region Passenger fans, or just anyone who has any familiarity with the system at all. Would love to see this become a reality.

Either through DTG or/with the conjunction of dare I say, more appropriately, a US-based 3rd party Dev, that cares for something other than just freight ops/content be willing to provide such a busy route/network to help balance out the content variation that the US/American side of things sorely needs.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I still back this up completely, and DTG, if you're reading this, we need a proper Jamaica station model/track layout... (This is probably my 3rd or 4th attempt at JAY and HALL interlockings, and it's not a fun thing to do, but if you guys were able to make both Penn Station and GCT, not counting the other big stations across the pond, then this could probably be easy).

To be honest, I'd enjoy much more adding onto an LIRR route from New York to Hicksville than laying the track myself lol. (Not counting the constant struggle of grades).

In summary, please DTG, there's still more life left in Train Simulator 2021, and you guys do recognize this with the upcoming 2022 bundle, if we could just get this, I'd pay full price on launch. Feel free to modify the Metro North M7 to LIRR specs, and maybe ask Reppo to modify their M2 to M1 and M3 specifications for a DLC. There are a lot of DE/DM30 and C3 resources available as well, and a couple of people, including myself, would be glad to offer any reference material necessary.

For a long time I wanted the Hudson Line, being my home line in real life, and you guys delivered. Can you guys do it again?

You could even backdate it, the M1 railcars exist in preserved condition, and M3s were retired just earlier this year. There are detailed diagrams of the LIRR GP38-2.
    http://trainiax.net/drawings/18-emd/gp38-2/18-emd-gp38-2-lirr-ph1b2.GIF
    http://trainiax.net/drawings/18-emd/gp38-2/r18-emd-gp38-2-lirr-ph1b2.GIF
    The Caltrain MP15 also means there is an MP15 model, to which all there needs for a conversion is some fixes here and there to change the radiator.
    As for P72/P75 coaches, preserved examples also exist on Long Island.
    For route references track diagrams exist of the LIRR as early as 1994 on Ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/174186806730?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

NEC Railfan Appreciate all the input. I really wish and hope DTG or even 3rd Party Devs really get this route going. I feel it would do pretty well and definitely have more lively scenarios in comparison to the TSW version. I really hope they get on board with this. There's a lot of us who are still very invested in TS that it would be a real shame for them to not bring this route and its locos to it.

4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

know any third party groups that are working on a lirr diesel route for TSW 2 or train simulator?