PC Long Island Turntable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mr T, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

I noticed in TSW there's a fully functioning turntable on the Long Island Railroad route:

[​IMG]

There's no trains around to shunt so at this moment not a lot of point in it. There might be a scenario for it but obviously if there is I haven't seen it yet. Feel free to point it out if there is one.

I could create a scenario for it if the editor was released (hint hint). Was that subtle enough?

I tried creating scenarios using turntables in the original TS but that editor sees the turntable as a break in the track so it can't find the path around it. Hopefully, TSW doesn't suffer from this issue. As there are scenarios that exist in CSX Heavy Haul that use a turntable I'd say it doesn't.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

In real life it might change a bit after next year, I found this snippit on Wikipedia. Sounds like they want to keep it going which is interesting.

Locomotive shop reconstruction
    Prior to reconstruction in 2018–2020, many of the Morris Park Locomotive Shop's structures had been originally built along with the rest of the facility in 1889. In May 2018, a contract to rebuild the shop was awarded to a joint venture of Railroad Construction Company Inc. and AMCC Corp The project is set to be completed in March 2020 at a cost of nearly $102 million.The original completion date was January 2020, but the completion was delayed because a new turntable contractor had been hired.

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Where is this?!

I think there's going to be something freight related coming to LIRR in a DLC at some point so maybe some shunting action too. When TSW2020 came out, the base trophies were updated to take into account the bundle switch from RT/NEC to MSB/LIRR and the Car Collector trophy now says, "Couple to 380 freight cars on New York Foundation or Long Island Rail Road".

Seems that the PS4 version does still come with NEC as part of the base bundle, but if the intention was to remove it, new buyers wouldn't have any way to complete that trophy without some LIRR freight. Car Collector doesn't seem to exist as an XBox achiement though, so maybe they're just going to leave NEC in the PS4 version and not bother with freight after all!

4. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Jump to Morris Park in timetable mode on the Long Island Railroad DLC and you'll see it. These footprints mark the spot:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Since strictly passenger DLCs do not interest me, I haven't acquired LIIR, but if freight is added at some point, especially with turntable activities, I just might change my mind. Thanks for this information.

6. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member