Long Route Consisting Of Several Dlcs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kkolk, Nov 6, 2020.

1. kkolk

kkolk New Member

Hello,
    I have a suggestion, that if you add a fast train, like ICE, meybe you should try to make a DLCs, that could be a parts of a very long route, i.e. Bruxelles - Aachen - Koln - Frankfurt. At this moment we have a Aachen - Koln track, so you can do a DLCs Bruxelles - Aachen and Koln - Frankfurt. You should also add a feature, that anyone who owns these DLCs, could drive all route at one course. It is important and it will make a feeling of driving a long route with very fast train.
    Sorry for english, I hope the text above is understandable.
    Regards
    Krissos

• Like Like x 2
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

This would be great and we are not far off, RSN, RRO and HRR could be connected togheter, although I am not sure if there any services which will use the whole lenght of the route (except some IC perhaps)

3. kkolk

kkolk New Member

It could be a fiction services (and/or scenarios) implemented, that would appear when the player have the number of parts of a route installed. It could be useful specially for IC and freight services. I think, devs should implement that feature to present and future DLCs and plan them in the way, that they could be joined (or at least some of them).

4. Swedewagon

Swedewagon Well-Known Member

I actually made a full concept about the Bruxelles-Frankfurt route a while back. Though Dovetail has no intention of making a longer route, for now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

What about several sections of the Pacific Surfliner. We could get some of the UP sections (and maybe a BNSF section later from a 3rd party). Locos/rolling stock to include would be a Surfliner SC44 Charger and Surfliner cars and Cab Car, a UP ET44AC or SD70ACe-T4, and a UP GP60, GP15-1, or Genset for freight services. A Genesis P42DC or F59PHI could be added as DLC later. For the BNSF sections, I'd suggest an ET44C4, C44-9W (or rebuilt AC44C4M), or SD70ACe, a GP60 or Genset, and an SC44 Charger.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The reason this isn't feasable right now is how the scenario and service planners work
    Think about it if you had four routes that join together you either make them all extensions of a single base route so you own them in the right order or they don't work, but even then you would have four versions of the same drive.
    Let's use your example...
    So that means the base route would have a version of Bruxelles - Aachen and the reverse, with applicable trophies, rewards, points etc
    Then the extension would have that scenario but then a different scenario which would be Bruxelles - Koln, same train, route, times etc to Aachen, but then it carries on.
    What if you have the base route and complete the first set of services but then these are superceded by the services on the extended route?
    Then you add the next pack and the services you already have two versions of, and completed to get medals and rewards and points, suddenly there's a third version

And on it goes. You'd end up with thousands of scenarios and services and it would end up unmanageable.

Adding scenery and locos is only part of the ecosystem of a route. Making sure people who pay for more aren't losing out or put off is a big part too

• Like Like x 1