Ludwig-süd-nord-bahn (augsburg - Nördlingen)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jo_Kim, May 9, 2021.

1. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

upload_2021-5-9_21-22-30.png
    ( = Hauptstrecke München- Augsburg, = Augsburg-Nördlingen)
    Wikipedia Article
    Quick Facts:

Length: 70,1km
    Max. Speed: 200km/h
    Signalling Systems: H/V, Sk (details below)
    Safety Systems: PZB, LZB

Route:

The route travels from Augsburg north towards Donauwörth and further on to Nördlingen. Since the opening of the new High-Speed Line between Ingolstadt and Nürnberg regular high-speed services on this line have been reduced. But because of max.speed of 200km/h it is still used by these services when the high-speed line is closed.
    Between Donauwörth and Nördlingen features a single track and mechanical signals.
    This line is a major freight and regional passenger corridor with a massive amount of services (over 70 freight trains per day).
    If there will ever be route fusions/extensions in TSW2, this route could also be combined with HMA.

Sk Signalling System:

In 1977 the section between Augsburg-Oberhausen and Donauwörth was equipped with a new experimental signalling system. This new system should simplify the complex aspects of the H/V system and enable multi-block aspects for speeds up to 200km/h. At this moment the LZB was still in its experimental state and it was not clear if in-cab signalling was safe enough for regular services. The planned multi-block aspect was never installed.
    The Sk (Signalkombination) system is pretty similar to the modern Ks (Kombinationssignal) system. Except for the Flashing Green aspect for upcoming speed restrictions the Sk and Ks system share the same aspects. The signals themselves are mostly constructed out of old H/V signals, except for the distant-only signals in the direction of Augsburg, which use special round signals. Another speciality is that the Weichenbereichsregel (switch area rule) does not apply to the Sk system. Therefore all speed changes are indicated by signals and signs.
    upload_2021-5-9_22-8-49.png

Stations:
    Distance | Station (Hp = Haltepunkt)
    00,0km Augsburg Hbf
    02,0km Augsburg-Oberhausen
    06,8km Gersthofen
    11,3km Gablingen
    14,3km Langeid (Lech) Hp
    18,7km Herbertshofen Hp
    20,5km Meitingen
    23,4km Westendorf Hp
    25,9km Nordendorf Hp
    33,4km Mertingen
    35,8km Bäumenheim Hp
    40,8km Donauwörth
    46,2km Wörnitzstein
    49,1km Ebermergen Hp
    51,7km Harburg (Schwab)
    56,9km Hoppingen Hp
    61,2km Möttingen
    70,1km Nördlingen

Rolling Stock:
    BR 111
    [​IMG]

BR 152 (Siemens ES 64 F)
    [​IMG]

BR 440 (Alstom Coradia Continental)
    [​IMG]

BR 612
    [​IMG]

Modus-Wagen
    [​IMG]

Optional Extras:
    Pre-2009 Rolling Stock:
    BR 110
    [​IMG]

N-Wagen (Silberlinge)
    [​IMG]

Bayerisches Eisenbahnmuseum Nördlingen:
    The Bavarian Railway Museum is located in the old locomotive depot next to Nördlingen station. With over 200 vehicles it is the largest private railway museum in South Germany. With over 40 steam locomotives in their collection, this would add extra heritage services when Steam arrives in TSW.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
  2. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd buy anything where n-Wagen / Silberlinge are included!

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and for the livery why not make the S 3/6 Blue paint as an option since it's also used to promote Marklin Model Trains which is based in Stuttgart Area. The local railway line for Marklin is Haputstrecke Stuttgart Ulm Augsburg. For the S3/6 default paint is Green and if you're a Marklin model railways to see if like myself and plays Dovetail Games Train Sim World Blue paint is also a choice for a Steam Railtour on all German Routes provided PZB was installed on them since the 1930s.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in even more modern German passenger routes, so unless this comes with some older rolling stock, it's unlikely I'd buy this.

5. Saphira9505

Saphira9505 New Member

I hope that this route will be on the roadmap as soon as possible, because I live on this route and I think it would be a first big step in the direction of steam locomotives if you then use steam locomotives between Donauwörth and Nördlingen and, if you like, between Donauwörth and Augsburg, for example. the N-Wagen or even the DB BR 440 Coradia Continental

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree with you and my question is does DB BR440 run on Haputstrecke München Augsburg or not? If so the Donauwörth services get the correct train and as of right now if uses Doppelstockwagen from Haputstrecke Hamburg-Lübeck DB BR112 Ruhr-Sieg Nord Hagen Finnentrop Siegen DB BR143 and Main Spessart Bahn Frankfurt-Aschaffenburg-Gemünden DB BR146.2. Provided DTG makes this route.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Yes the BR 440 does run on HMA. The RB/RE services which are operated by the BR 440 all run between München and Donauwörth. but end or divert there to a different route.

• Like Like x 2