Münster - Osnabrück

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seblay1608, Apr 5, 2021.

?
  1. good idea

21 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. only with BR 401 DLC

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. only with BR 412 DLC

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. only with some KI traffic in Osnabrück and Münster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. good idea for a sale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. bad idea

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

The route from Münster to Osnabrück is a 50 km long part of the Rollbahn Hamburg - Wanne-Eickel. It has two regional trains per hour and at least one long-distance train per hour. This can be an Eurocity (BR 101 with Swiss (?) wagons), and Intercity (BR 101 with Intercity) or an ICE (mostly BR 401 or 412). The RE2 operates with a BR 146.1 (or 146.3?) and some modernized Doppelstockwagen. This train stops regular not everywhere, but in rush hour and in the time before/after rush hour (so mostly everytime except around 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.). Eurobahn operates on the RB66 between Osnabrück and Münster with Flirt 1 EMUs, BR 429. I don't know which trains operated before the Flirt EMUs, maybe Dostos or n-Wagen?

2021-04-05 (4).png

There are a lot of sidings for freight trains. Osnabrück Hbf is a tower station, look on the map below.
    2021-04-05 (3).png

My suggestion for a DLC:

BR 146.1
    Modernized Dostos
    Freight loco of your choice
    Shunting loco of your choice

Loco DLCs for this route:
    BR 401 or/and BR 412
    BR 429 from Eurobahn (if licensing isn't a problem)
    BR 111 with n-Wagen
    New freight loco of your choice

Timetable includes:
    RE2 services with Dostos and 146.1
    RB66 services from Loco-DLC or with Dostos and 146.1
    IC/EC services from BR 101 DLC for HRR (just IC and EC, no ICE trains) (HRR layer)
    ICE services from Loco-DLC for this route
    A-B freight services
    freight services with an overhaul in a station
    freight services to a station on this route
    freight services with wagons from other DLCs (RSN/MSB/RRO/HL/BR 155/BR 363 layer)
    shunting services

This route is also available in TS 2021, the developer was virtualTracks.

BR 146.1:
    [​IMG]

BR 429:
    [​IMG]

BR 412:
    [​IMG]

Osnabrück Hbf:
    [​IMG]

Münster(Westf) Hbf:
    [​IMG]

The route from Münster Hbf to Osnabrück Hbf is with 50 km more short than other routes, but there are lots of sidings and the tower station with the connections in Osnabrück. This route has a lot of different traffic, from shunting to ICE trains up to 200 km/h. Do you want to have long routes or good routes?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. gregorby

gregorby New Member

Hey,
    I am forced to say this is a good idea, because I live in the region. ;)
    To clarify some of your questionmarks:
    Yes the RE 2 is hauled by Br 146.1. And before the FLIRTs were in use, the regional trains were operated by Br 110 and n-Wagen. Still that is quite long ago. I found a picture that I took 2009, when I wasn't yet able to take good pictures, that already shows a FLIRT.

The problem with this route is – I think – that after the Westfalenbahn operated the route some time, and the Eurobahn undertook the service in 2017 (Wikipedia), the Eurobahn still hasn't managed to repaint their trains (and I doubt, they still plan to.) The livery is, as you can see in the BR 429 picture you added, still the WFB livery, but without the letters "Westfalenbahn" and the horse, but with the Eurobahn logo. (For a long time they also had a stiker there saying: "Einsteigen & Weiterfahren. Bald im neuen Look." (Come in & ride on. soon in new livery) but it seems like the have removed them.) The point about this is: It is not their own livery, so possibly they're not allowed to licence it fully. Even more: I doubt that they'd want to license it, as it shows that they are not able to rebrand their trains. The contract lasts till 2032, so the problem will stay there for a while.

3. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Bring in the Flirts!

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Yes and this found on Sister game Train Sim 21 as a segment of Münster-Bremen Rollbahn DLC. The connecting Dutch Route for this is Henglo-Bad Bentheim Osnabrück railway line. Long-term plans for this is the all way to Lubeck via Hamburg so that one can play Münster-Lubeck on a DB BR101 Intercity locomotive. One of those is actually a Luxembourg to the North Sea Intercity line 35. This better not be made by Rivet Games because it's going to be a repeat of the mistake they did with Arosa Line if Rollbahn is chosen as a German route.
    The better solution is bringing back the original the route for train Sim 21 into Train Sim World. That is the German third party developer Aerosoft to work on this route again for train Sim World 2. This time a functional 3rd screen found on the right side of the locomotive and double decker coach cab which is blanked out on German trains in game. Should permit more third-party developers working on the game rather than having Skyhook Games and Rivet Games as the third developers making content for train simulator world 2.​

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Look at Eurobahn website then go to about us. It should say Keolis which is a part of SNCF just like Abellio NRW & East Anglia being part of the Dutch Railways NS. DTG has SNCF licensing and keolis Eurobahn is part of the SNCF Passenger Rail Division. For a third-party developer can't be rivet games because the route will end up like Arosa Line the ARL mistake.