M7 Lirr Sound

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Mar 30, 2022.

Tags:
  1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

It's been about 5 months since the engine update that broke the M7 LIRR's traction sound, and so far there hasn't been any correction, sorry for the recurrence to forum regulars, but this is a point I've been signaling for ages and until now no sign of improvement, the Harlem Line has already been launched, which has a similar model, and LIRR's remains broken.
    Please DTG look at the M7 LIRR soon...

• Like Like x 5
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration. I indeed read this topic title as "oh no that sound again" :D but I can only sympathise with you because I'm now on the waiting list for Harlem to get fixed. I haven't played LIRR yet because when I bought a lot of things seemed broken. Also waiting for the big update on this to start playing.

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

LIRR needs a complete overhaul.

Sounds = Poop
    Signalling = Poop
    Traffic = Poop

The route has so much potential, but DTG are just letting it fester like a rotten badger carcass.

• Like Like x 3
  4. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

I hope it gets a major overhaul to put them on par with Harlem passenger, traffic, and signal wise (without the random AI traffic jams).

• Like Like x 1
  5. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Feels weird driving the M7 now lol. The LIRR M7 feels heavy while the M7A feels lighter. The acceleration is really different from eachother.

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That's because the M7 acceleration is quite accurate while the M7As acceleration at full throttle is wrong. The m7a also has the similar bug in the lirr m7 in which the audio fads out like on the m7 when accelerating in the last 4-6 cars of the train. Resettling the throttle brings propulsion back but even then it'll still fade away. DTG haven't explained why that bug is there on the m7a

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  7. tallboy7648

It's actually been more than a year. It's just that the 4.26 update made the sounds even worse. I doubt dtg will reply to this thread to be honest

• Like Like x 1
  8. tcmikaelsouza

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trevor1125

Trevor1125 New Member

Really hoping they will atleast bring the lirr M7 up to the same sounds and functionality as the metro north M7A. Sounds, message boards, etc

• Like Like x 2
  10. SubwayRailfanner

Agreed i don't know why they don't just worked on it while make the new version instead of keeping us waiting longer then what we should.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

Honestly we have been waiting too long. Hopefully the lirr preservation update will finally sort this mess out that shouldn't have happened in the first place

• Like Like x 1
  12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

It would have happen in the first place as it was ported over from TSW

13. tcmikaelsouza

These problems with the sound of the M7 LIRR have been unsolved for a long time, it's absurd...

• Like Like x 2
  14. tallboy7648

They could've fixed the bug before release though but they didn't

15. tcmikaelsouza

in fact I played LIRR almost since the launch of TSW2 and it ran normally, it happens that after Rush Hour the M7 had this problem, it has already been upgraded before, with platform boards, climbing on the platform anywhere, but even now the sound is not fixed.

16. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Let's throw in an M9 dlc while we're at it
    A man can dream lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. SubwayRailfanner

My dream too

• Like Like x 1
  18. SubwayRailfanner

Looks like the preservation crew gave the LIRR M7 the new horn and propulsion sounds from the Harlem Line M7A. Sadly no onboard destination boards and I don't know about the LIRR M3 since Dovetail is doing staggered releases for Playstation. So it's not available for me at the moment.

TrainSim-Adam Hopefully onboard destination boards and other features from the M7A gets ported over in the future such as giving lights a glow effect.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. tcmikaelsouza

yes they have improved the sound and corrected the lack of sound in the driver's cabin, however the propulsion sound is only audible in the two cars in front, in the middle and in the back still remains inaudible.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tallboy7648

Maybe they need to just rework the sounds all over again. That shouldn't have passed testing

21. tcmikaelsouza

Although it is frustrating not having the sound of propulsion in the train, at least having it in the cabins you drive in already improves immersion.

What is really complicated are the sounds of the 377 SN, 387 GX and now the 375 SE, which have the same sound mixing problem, with a very low propulsion sound inside the cabin, very loud rain sound and a deafening noise. when you open the window on the left, although many people disagree, this noise does not appear in any other, such as the ICE 1, you open the window at more than 280Km/h, you only hear the loud propulsion sound, now the Eletrostars that has updated sound, is beautiful to hear externally, however inside the cabin this wind noise is deafening from 80km/h (50mph).

• Like Like x 1
  22. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, it's crappy workaround, but for Electrostars if you'd like to have louder propulsion sound try to open the secondman's window (the one opposite to driver's window, being on the right when you're sitting in the driver's seat). You'll have it louder while no wind noise.
    It is not working for 387 with raining weather though, because this one is not having very loud rain sound, but if you'll open the window, then it will ;)

23. tcmikaelsouza

Hello friend, I already do this, still it is very low, I indicated this to JD, however he said of a future correction for the 375 (SEHS) but nothing for the 377 and 387 (LBN), there is a serious mixing problem with these trains...

24. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

Very disappointed with the M7 on LIRR. The propulsion sound isn't there anymore. This is a change for the worse since I bought the route. I have submitted a ticket asking for the sound to be restored to how it was at release.

• Like Like x 1
  25. tcmikaelsouza

The sound of the M7 and M3 were restored, but apparently only in TSW3, not in TSW 2...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The preservation update for the tsw2 version, not tsw3 is yet to come so you'll have to keep on waiting

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. tallboy7648

The sound in tsw3 though is pretty bad. It has this high pitch screeching noise as if your using a saw which the train doesn't have in real life. It also cuts out in the rear 4, 6 and 8 cars.

28. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

It is crazy how sound problems still exist for the M7. The LIRR route came out 4 years ago and still has not been completely fixed to this day. I really hope the devs get around to fixing the LIRR M7 sound issues sooner rather than later because letting this issue go unresolved for 4 years is abysmal. I don't understand why we still have sound issues in certain cars for the consist and the sounds are not as accurate as how they are in real life. It seems the sounds from the Metro North M7A/M3A were ported to the LIRR M7/M3 but as the physics in game for the LIRR M7 differ in game to the Metro North M7A, the sounds to physics are not in sync. Either the physics need to be redone and/or sounds for accelerating and decelerating of the M7, as this brakes the immersion

• Like Like x 1